PO: Veronica Falls *Waiting For Something To Happen* LP

Actually, the white vinyl is very noisy. I would recommend black or possibly the European press. They used GZ last time and the jackets and sleeves appear GZ (the white vinyl is definitely not GZ).

My copy sounds really great actually, didn't notice any surface noise at all. Wish i could say the same for the LTD edition of the widowspeak album...

I think you guys are confused! Veronica falls is on Slumberland which I've never once ever ever had an issue with: shipping or poor quality!!!

Widowspeak is on CT

Slumberland in the US and Bella Union in UK.

I was wrong, this was pressed by GZ, but it has a handwritten matrix, weird.

Slumberland is a top-knotch label. Papa Slumber is a mighty swell fellow and does a darn fine job running that label. 

On the other hand GZ has piss-poor quality control, so there's always a chance your new records will come with scratches, warps and pieces of paper lodged into the vinyl. My blue copy of Veronica Falls came with a scratch going through the entire track "Stephen."

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna buy this when the pre-order went up, but it's nowhere near as good as their first album =(

How can you decide how good it is before a) giving it a few listens and more importantly, B) listening to it on vinyl?

Their first album was one of the best records I've ever heard. If I were to not buy any record as good as that, I would end up rich.

• 2 weeks later...