VC Fantasy Hockey League

Anyone want to make some trades?

Willing to part with Toews for the right RW or D. Willing to let go of almost everyone other than Hall (though would trade for an equivalent superstar) for the right move.

Also, might part with a goalie.

Remember a few weeks ago when you asked me to keep up a trade offer I sent you because you needed a day or two to think it over? Then it went the full 10 days before the trade was cancelled by Yahoo. I hope you don't do the same to the others in the league.

Remember a few weeks ago when you asked me to keep up a trade offer I sent you because you needed a day or two to think it over? Then it went the full 10 days before the trade was cancelled by Yahoo. I hope you don't do the same to the others in the league.

Sorry about that. I think if I remember correctly I was waffling about it (this was for Niemi, right?), then changed my mind when Perry picked up his game. I should have communicated better.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's an overly lopsided trade - definitely higher risk for Ian taking a goalie like Rask (who has been alternately brilliant and atrocious), but good chance of consistency with Seguin. And Bergeron is having a solid season. 

Now the rest of us have to step up our deals to take Ian down...

baaaaaaaaaaaaabcock, did you pull your offer because were going up against each other this week?

Haha, no, actually I pulled it because I wanted to drop Reilly Smith, but I guess the way the trade worked (because of the players on the IR) it had made me select a player to drop in the event that the trade went through.

Were you considering the trade?

Just as an FYI, since I'm not sure if most of you know... but you can check proposed trades in the app - you don't need to log in through a computer.

If you're in the app, click on the 5th option to the right along the top (the 3 dots symbol). Under the My Team section will be any pending transactions for you to review.

I'm going to make a fair assumption that we are going to continue as a keeper league with the same rules as before, correct? If you keep a guy, they take the spot in the draft 2 draft spots up from when they were originally drafted? I think this needs to be clearly established now as we get to the second half of the league, so that we can start thinking about keeping/trading.

Ian, I know you polled everyone after last season, but it would be good to get consensus about this now, since I think a lot of forethought could be put in now with decisions on who to keep/drop/trade.