VC Fantasy Hockey League

On 9/8/2017 at 6:18 PM, onlettingjoe said:

Added 3/4 of my keepers. 

I drafted Larkin in the 14th last year, so he'd be kept in the 12th this year. I have no 12th or 11th round - I'm assuming its then left to one of my 10th rounders if i decide to keep him?

Hey Joe, still need your dues https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3853271

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, IanRees said:

hmm, well we've never had this issue before so i leave it to a league majority decision.

We either do nothing and he stays in 8th, or he finishes in 5th and everyone else gets bumped down a slot.

I  vote put him in 5th. It would be one thing to even leave the time idle, or not as actively switch around players, but pulling the roster is a conscious attempt to circumvent the draft order.

Congrats Chris, Matt and Ryan!

As for the fact of benching an entire roster, I think that the most important thing to do would be to implement a rule to prevent this from happening again. Benching an entire roster to ensure a better draft position or to get a better matchup should not be acceptable. 

On the other hand, I seriously question the use of the consolation bracket to set up draft positions for the following year. Just using regular season standings or doing a lottery for the spots 5 to 8 would make way more sense to me. Food for thought for next year, what do you guys think?

7 minutes ago, mesi said:

Congrats Chris, Matt and Ryan!

As for the fact of benching an entire roster, I think that the most important thing to do would be to implement a rule to prevent this from happening again. Benching an entire roster to ensure a better draft position or to get a better matchup should not be acceptable. 

On the other hand, I seriously question the use of the consolation bracket to set up draft positions for the following year. Just using regular season standings or doing a lottery for the spots 5 to 8 would make way more sense to me. Food for thought for next year, what do you guys think?

im also personally not a fan of the consolation bracket either, ill see if we can disable it

• 2 weeks later...

To keep it simple,  I think that the standings should be based on the regular season finish.  Obviously what I did was drastic (sorry guys) but I could have easily just played a "few people" each day and probably still lost the match up overall.

I'm cool with a punishment (aka 5th, my team is good now), but without a reason to play competitively after losing a playoff game, what's the point?

Also are we doing a bracket challenge?  I know a few who might be interested.