the youtube vinyl community.

it seems pretty big, but i don't recognize anyone from it on here, or vice versa.

anyone here do that?

i made some collection videos a few years ago before i found this place, and i haven't made one since.

my collection has easily quadrupled since the last time i made any sort of video about vinyl.

I enjoy these videos very much, discovered a lot of new stuff because of them. What I dont understand is that in half of these videos, people mention "VC" board and "threads", but I never understand which forum(s) they are actually talking about.

And who is this Derek guy and album "Derek 4"? :))))

Is this real life?

I enjoy these videos very much, discovered a lot of new stuff because of them. What I dont understand is that in half of these videos, people mention "VC" board and "threads", but I never understand which forum(s) they are actually talking about.

they are talking about the 'vinyl community', not this place, and the 'threads' are the videos and their comments.

I used to watch this guy "Dan In Canada." He used to post on here I think. Then he pulled down his channel. I liked his videos because it was such a vast amount of videos that you could see his collection grow. The last few videos he got really into what a lot of people on here like. I think he was Dhanzy of something. His was the best. 

I used to watch this guy "Dan In Canada." He used to post on here I think. Then he pulled down his channel. I liked his videos because it was such a vast amount of videos that you could see his collection grow. The last few videos he got really into what a lot of people on here like. I think he was Dhanzy of something. His was the best. 

"Dan in Canada" was into Boris, right? Why did he pull the channel? 

Pretty sure he still makes videos, last one was a month ago.

But seriously, who is that Derek guy they are talking about?

It's this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/dereckvon

He has some good info for discovering prog, post punk, and other stuff. I'm not really into the music he makes though. His social commentary can be kind of strange sometimes too.

He has some good info for discovering prog, post punk, and other stuff. I'm not really into the music he makes though. His social commentary can be kind of strange sometimes too.

He makes way too many videos. And they're all at least 20 minutes. Very annoying

Ah, okay, I've seen a lot of his videos - he is into Porcupine Tree and Opeth which is why he gets thumbs up from me. But I always thought that he released his stuff on CD-s only for some reason. 

He called every album he bought " Amazing", Mind blowing", or some other elite description so that got a little old but I've watched a bunch of Dan in Canada's videos and thought it was pretty good. Got into a few bands ( True Widow comes to mind ) through his channel. He showed off his Melvins endless residency box set in one vid. He wasn't making too many videos anymore and every time he did the first 10 minutes were spent talking about how busy he was with working and his own band.

I didn't know there was one. The one video I've ever watched pertaining to vinyl was some dude opening up a mewithoutYou box set or something and he was manhandling his records.

i watched a guy do an unboxing of his nofx 7" colored set where he was doing this.

touching the grooves and tossing them on the carpet when he was done.

it made me cringe.

i watched a guy do an unboxing of his nofx 7" colored set where he was doing this.

touching the grooves and tossing them on the carpet when he was done.

it made me cringe.

Ha, I just watched it and it's pretty terrible. I seen a video where a country boy was doing a youtube video for his lot on ebay. Had a bunch of old punk stuff...he referred to Black Flag as Black Flag 4...because of their logo. His filthy hands all over the records, it sucked to watch. There was a thread on B9 about it. 

• 5 months later...