I'm a little pissed at feedback I just received on ebay

I once got neutral feedback for the mailer being dinged. Seriously. Wrote the guy asking why he'd blame me for that and got nothing back. I challenged it on eBay and never got a response - I consider that abusive feedback personally. I blocked him but there is no protecting against total bastards. eBay has gone out of their way to weaken their protections for sellers. 

I've been really going at it hard on eBay recently, selling a lot of stuff that I bought last year. I put such high starting prices on everything that I pretty much only attract new buyers (who haven't figured out how much cheaper it is to be patient and snipe.) I always undersell on the condition, take detailed photos of ANY dings or dents, and I include them in the auction. I also take photos of the packaging process, and I insure every package over $40. I also leave positive feedback for the buyer immediately after they pay. I know I can't leave them negative feedback regardless, and for some reason, I feel like doing this inclines them to leave me good feedback later on.

This certainly isn't the "quickest" way to unload records. I have to relist sometimes 4 or 5 times before I get a bite. But, when I do, I never have any issues. I'm sure by the time I hit 500 transactions I will have hit a roadbump, but I'll be prepared with my evidence.

I don't sell a ton of stuff on ebay, still under a 100 transactions, but am doing so more now.

One thing I do is never say mint.  If the item is "Mint / Unplayed" I make sure to say the item is "Like New".  As someone else mentioned earlier being unplayed does not make an item mint.  If I say "Like New" I feel it still leave the possibility of some minor imperfections. 

However I also always try to undersell the item.  I also make sure and say that if the record appears to be in worse shape than I stated just send it back and as soon as I get it I will refund the price, plus split the return shipping cost.

I'm probably going to be listing 50 - 100 records today.  I am officially obsessed with saving to buy a house/condo.

I wasn't pissed about the less than perfect grading about the Mint/NM difference. I was pissed that he then proceeded to grade me less on every other category. I do, however, understand everybody's input. I know the dude was upset that there was a smudge on one of the lp's which led him to grade me less in each category To me, though, that is unjustified. I just wouldn't do business with him again. He helped me to be all the wiser when listing an item from now on. .

yes, but when someone is upset and leaving bad feedback, it is probably their intent to hurt you in all areas. not justified, but reality. don't sweat it though, it all evens out over time. I always ship next day and post tracking. never once have missed. and still, I have been dinged for shipping speed

After 12 years on ebay with 1500+ rating doing about 50 sales per year, I always under-grade, describe any potential problems and use good photos in my descriptions.   As a general rule: 

All new, sealed LP's and unplayed "perfect" records are listed as NM or better (my best grade).   

Light wear, played a few times always gets a VG+ or better. (second best grade).

My biggest mistake is always assuming people have some common sense and know what they are buying.   The opposite is reality. 

I do not leave or ask for feedback and have never given a negative feedback in spite of receiving records in bubble mailers and pizza boxes.  The only "neutral" feedback I received was from selling an overseas order around Christmas.   Just couldn't bring myself to stand in line for a hour at the Post Office and did not send the LP until after the New Year.   Also sold a sealed NIN LP to a Canadian guy who said the record was warped and then used Paypal as a hammer to get half his money back.  Instantly banned him and I couldn't leave any feedback to warn other sellers.  So far I have about 18 people on my banned list, from taking too long to pay, family members and others who just ended up being a pain in the ass. 

I would much prefer to get a fair price on VC then worry about feedback.  So far, so good. 

No record is mint. You fucked up, he was a dick. Be glad you got positive feedback and move on.

So the feedback was still 'positive', but this guy said the record wasn't a mint 10/10. It was exactly as I described it, this I know. It looked absolutely perfect besides the fact that it had been opened, that's it. Whatever, okay so lower my score for that and that alone. This guy lowered my score in all four categories. He gave me less than perfect scores in communication, which is horseshit, because I answered him right after he asked me a question. Then he lowered my score in shipping time AND in the cost of shipping. I literally mailed it out the very next morning after he paid, and I lost money because I packed that record so securely that it was heavier than I charged him for. Why are people such dicks? I'm fairly new to selling on ebay, so I'm probably overreacting, but isn't that why ebay has different scores for different categories, so that you can score individually? This guy said I was too 'generous' with my mint 10/10 grading, so in return he was exactly the opposite with my score? Anyone else have this sort of thing happen to them?

Please please please block this guy so I have some redemption.

y2joe717

y2joe717

y2joe717

Guy bought an LP from me. I accepted his best offer trying to be nice.

It was a brand new record only opened to check color and take a picture.

Left negative feedback as soon as he received it. Saying "damage around the center of the record". Jerk face. 100 feedback over five years, ruined by someone who doesn't even message me AT ALL.

Whatever. Just needed to vent.

Please please please block this guy so I have some redemption.

y2joe717

y2joe717

y2joe717

Guy bought an LP from me. I accepted his best offer trying to be nice.

It was a brand new record only opened to check color and take a picture.

Left negative feedback as soon as he received it. Saying "damage around the center of the record". Jerk face. 100 feedback over five years, ruined by someone who doesn't even message me AT ALL.

Whatever. Just needed to vent.

Some dude just gave me a best offer as well, but has zero feedback, so I'm afraid either

1: he has unrealistic expectations and will give me shitty feedback

2: scammer

3: both

What would be the best course of action in this case? it's a good offer and I could use the cash, but I don't wanna get screwed over in the end