PO: The Story So Far - What You Don't See

"Sophomore slump or comeback of the year"

... I could see this album going either way, easily. I sometimes have mixed feelings about TSSF now just because of how over played USAD got for me and how fast they blew up, but still, I have high hopes for it. I've been supporting TSSF and going to their shows since before "while you were sleeping" came out, so they'll always have a little place in my heart.

which is why i don't get what caused them to blow up so fast. like, i GET it, because when i first heard while you were sleeping, i knew they would be huge... eventually. but seriously, did someone really famous endorse them? jesus

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Even back on the GK tour people were pumped to see them, but the crowd for them was no where near the wonder years. Either way good for them, and like you said, I'm not surprised.

Hopefully they'll mature on this record, I'd be okay with a harder sound. I'm just not looking forward to all the complaining that's probably going to be done over it if they change even a little bit, now that they are bigger.

I saw them in orlando with nfg in december. being in the middle of it, I still kinda feel weird being 28 and not looking my age at all.

On that note I took a stage diver to the shoulder at the end of the show and have to get X-rays bc a month later it still kinda hurts. Guess it's time to start watching from the bar.

That isn't the first time I've heard stuff about them like that though, one of my friends has friends that are in bands that have said the same thing about them.  Also Parker seems like the guy who would go to a party and use the fact that he's in TSSF to try to get chicks.  Regardless, I love USAD and am really looking forward to the new album.

That isn't the first time I've heard stuff about them like that though, one of my friends has friends that are in bands that have said the same thing about them.  Also Parker seems like the guy who would go to a party and use the fact that he's in TSSF to try to get chicks.  Regardless, I love USAD and am really looking forward to the new album.

You seem like the kind of guy who would make up something about someone with no basis and post it on a messageboard. 

I remember their merch guy trying to sell my GF a normal copy of USAD when she asked for the tour press. When I walked up he just told her to take the one from the table :)

Regardless if they are or are not total dicks, they are pretty awesome band who play well live and record some catchy stuff. You don't have to like them as people just the music they make :P I still laugh at their AL4W cover, I still don't get what direction they were going w/ there.

You seem like the kind of guy who would make up something about someone with no basis and post it on a messageboard. 

What would I have to gain by trashing them on VC?  That stuff is from people in bands who have had interactions with them personally and stories from trusted sources.  As I said I love their music and I just thought it was something interesting to contribute since people in here were talking about how they've blown up.  Although the speculation in that post about Parker is all me and based on his lyrics and tweets.  Also are you ever going to reply to my PM about the test presses?  I would even welcome a "no" at this point.