BUILT TO SPILL

Amen. I have dreams sometimes that it gets repressed. I really wish that Interstate 8 would get pressed as well. That CD hasn't left the changer in my car for a couple years.

Here is the insert for the DAT I have. I thought the fact that it has alternate song titles was pretty cool.

xct3l4.jpg

Which store did you find that at? I do all of my in store record shopping in Portland and I suck at finding cool stuff in used bins. The best thing I have found is Everywhere And His Nasty Parlour tricks for like $15.

Record stores in my area are getting copies of "Perfect From Now" on and "Keep it Like a Secret" back in stock. Somebody told me these were out of print for a short time. I managed to score an original press of Keep it Like a Secret for $10 at some place in Santa Barbara (this was after the reissues had came out), but saw a sealed Ancient Melodies somewhere else for like $70-80. I'd love to have "There's Nothing Wrong With Love" as well - it appears there is a press of this on yellow wax. 

Record stores in my area are getting copies of "Perfect From Now" on and "Keep it Like a Secret" back in stock. Somebody told me these were out of print for a short time. I managed to score an original press of Keep it Like a Secret for $10 at some place in Santa Barbara (this was after the reissues had came out), but saw a sealed Ancient Melodies somewhere else for like $70-80. I'd love to have "There's Nothing Wrong With Love" as well - it appears there is a press of this on yellow wax. 

Yeah, they've been popping up like crazy. I'm pretty sure all of those are out of 2000

I have had that yellow one in my discogs wantlist for like two years and don't think I have ever seen it for sale. Granted it would sell within minutes of it being up. I usually don't care about variants but I would love to have that.

I have had that yellow one in my discogs wantlist for like two years and don't think I have ever seen it for sale. Granted it would sell within minutes of it being up. I usually don't care about variants but I would love to have that.

I think I've only known of this as it's showed up on eBay a few times. I never bid on that because I thought it was a boot, though apparently it's legit. Someone also told me there was a vinyl press of Ultimate Alternative Wavers with a poster of the album art inside, though I've never seen this. I don't think this actually exists. I've wondered why Ancient Melodies has been OOP as it came out on Warner w/Up Records doing the LP pressing like the other two. 

The yellow TNWL is just a Euro version on City Slang.

I think the first pressing of Ancient Melodies on Up came with the poster. I have seen a couple of listings including it. I don't know why Warner wouldn't press it like the either two. Doubt they really care about satisfying a small group of people though. I just hope one day Ultimate Alternative Wavers gets pressed somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Non-vinyl bump. New BtS song (might be an unidentified cover but I don't think so) at 7:50, suckas. So excited to hear more new stuff from them. I'm definitely enjoying the new rhythm section, as much as I love Brett and Scott.

• 1 year later...

I think the first pressing of Ancient Melodies on Up came with the poster. I have seen a couple of listings including it. I don't know why Warner wouldn't press it like the either two. Doubt they really care about satisfying a small group of people though. I just hope one day Ultimate Alternative Wavers gets pressed somehow.

Weird bump, but I can confirm this. It's a newsprint poster. Still crossing my fingers for a new album this year and hopefully a repress of There's Nothing Wrong With Love soon.

• 3 months later...

With plenty of these available on eBay (I managed to get this, PFNO, KILAS and the European copy of TINE recently), I'm not sure why this is happening, but MOV are repressing You In Reverse.

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/built-to-spill/you-in-reverse#.U7iDqbHWjau

That's really weird...I'll probably pick that up when it is around. Thanks for the info. The original was one of the first brand new records I bought years ago and I could use a nicer copy at this point.

• 3 weeks later...