The official Horror fan topic

Rip

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

Also forgot to say major props for including this on your list.  You're the only person besides me that I know of who has actually seen this.  I was so creeped out the whole time.

Agreed X 1000. I always wanted to pick this up

phantasm.jpg

Oh god this is amazing.  Is this even readily available anywhere?

Also forgot to say major props for including this on your list.  You're the only person besides me that I know of who has actually seen this.  I was so creeped out the whole time.

Oh god this is amazing.  Is this even readily available anywhere?

Thanks man! It's weird to me that The Poughkeepsie Tapes still has no deal/dvd, especially when stuff like VHS is getting made. I mean, it's years old at this point and before the current found footage type trend. That scene where he's crawling (you know the part), gets me every time. One of the creepiest scenes ever

That Phatasm set has been out for a few years I think. I want to say it was a UK only type thing which is why I never got it.

Edit - Yep, it's PAL only :/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasm-Sphere-The-Complete-Collection/dp/B000B6F8OG

Thanks man! It's weird to me that The Poughkeepsie Tapes still has no deal/dvd, especially when stuff like VHS is getting made. I mean, it's years old at this point and before the current found footage type trend. That scene where he's crawling (you know the part), gets me every time. One of the creepiest scenes ever

That Phatasm set has been out for a few years I think. I want to say it was a UK only type thing which is why I never got it.

Edit - Yep, it's PAL only :/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasm-Sphere-The-Complete-Collection/dp/B000B6F8OG

It really is weird.  I watched the full movie on Myspace of all places, haha.  But yeah, it doesn't really make any sense to me at all that this hasn't seen an official release yet.  Hopefully that changes soon.  But I know exactly what you're talking about man... that part is so damn creepy.

Soooo sad about that UK only release for that Phantasm special edition...

Randomly decided to pop Insidious in my DVD player last night.  It's been so long since I've seen it and it's definitely as awesome as it was the first time.  Random trivia that I didn't know about until I watched some behind the scenes stuff: the guy who plays the "Lipstick-Face Demon" (what they call it, not me), aka the main demon guy, is acually played by the guy who did the music for the film, Joseph Bishara.

Watching this again definitely did get my more hyped for the sequel though.  James Wan is the fucking man.

The poughkeepsie tapes!!! I remember seeing a bunch of trailers for this back when it was supposed to come out and thinking it looked awesome. Then it never came out in theatres around me and I kept saying "oh well, I'll just rent it when it comes out"

Fast forward to now....I have completely forgot about wanting to see this movie. So there is no dvd of it right? Anywhere online you can watch it or should I just find a torrent to download?

The poughkeepsie tapes!!! I remember seeing a bunch of trailers for this back when it was supposed to come out and thinking it looked awesome. Then it never came out in theatres around me and I kept saying "oh well, I'll just rent it when it comes out"

Fast forward to now....I have completely forgot about wanting to see this movie. So there is no dvd of it right? Anywhere online you can watch it or should I just find a torrent to download?

Yep, no dvd, which blows. Just for fun, I looked on youtube..and it's on there!

Everyone who hasn't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch this when you get a chance.

http://youtu.be/LMcgNZqg6tw

Insidious was a huge let down, way more chesseball than scary, and not the good Evil Dead cheeseball

I admit the whole "The Further" thing was a little out there, but even so, I still found it scary as hell the first time I watched.  Wasn't quite as scary the second time, which is always the case, but the creepiness was still there I felt.

Yep, no dvd, which blows. Just for fun, I looked on youtube..and it's on there!

Everyone who hasn't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch this when you get a chance.

http://youtu.be/LMcgNZqg6tw

Holy shit that's awesome.  Yeah what this guy said, go watch this now!

This past week I picked up

A Stranger Is Watching (1982, from Sean Cunningham)

Tales From The Hood!!

Deepstar 6 (1986, also from Sean Cunningham)

When A Stranger Calls (1979)

I plan on going out this afternoon and seeing if I can find anything else. I love horror movies and my dvd/vhs collection rules.

Insidious was a huge let down, way more chesseball than scary, and not the good Evil Dead cheeseball

I though it started out ok, and definitely had my attention. But that whole scene with the demon sharpening its nails and whatever was laughable. I also thought the ending was incredibly predictable. 

I downloaded The Poughkeesie Tapes and will be watching it tomorrow night.  Caught The Possession the other night and it really wasn't that bad.  Of course it fell into every trope known to the demonic genre, but it was a pretty enjoyable watch. 

You liked that, but you thought insidious was a letdown....seriously...haha

I didn't mind the possession but it was mediocre at best...as least insidious didn't have any stupid not scary moths in it...

And that part where Rose Byrne goes outside and turns around to see that kid standing by the record player...gives me the fucking creeps...and that song that is playing is perfect, makes the mood even more unsettling