The Official Horror Thread

Rip

My horror block came today.  I was not fortunate enough to land one of the Red Omen 7" (mine's on Black), but I did get a ton of other cool stuff. 
- A Gremlins T-Shirt (Super awesome!)
- Deathgasm (Also super awesome, but I already have that. Hopefully I can move that on ebay)
- A Jason mask metal pin
- The Omen 7"
- 3 Mini Funkos in a cool Tin
- A Comic and an issue of Rue Morgue.

Pretty happy with all that.

Horror%20Block_zpsi5yrj6yj.jpg
Jason%20Pin_zpsu4plescu.jpg

Edited by kylet

2 hours ago, kylet said:

My horror block came today.  I was not fortunate enough to land one of the Red Omen 7" (mine's on Black), but I did get a ton of other cool stuff. 
- A Gremlins T-Shirt (Super awesome!)
- Deathgasm (Also super awesome, but I already have that. Hopefully I can move that on ebay)
- A Jason mask metal pin
- The Omen 7"
- 3 Mini Funkos in a cool Tin
- A Comic and an issue of Rue Morgue.

Pretty happy with all that.

Horror%20Block_zpsi5yrj6yj.jpg

Really cool!  That Deathgasm blu-ray is an exclusive cover though right?  At least I've never seen it before.

13 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Really cool!  That Deathgasm blu-ray is an exclusive cover though right?  At least I've never seen it before.

The real version has a double sided reversible cover. The devil horns hand is the inner side that isn't showing on a sealed copy. 

But this version does look even different from that. There's no text on it anywhere and it looks very cheap and ghetto, like the slip cover is photo copies or something. 

My real copy is on the left, the copy I just got is on the right.
Deathgasm2_zpsqcpx58kd.jpg
Deathgasm1_zpsljyl9o7e.jpg

Edited by kylet

1 hour ago, kylet said:

The real version has a double sided reversible cover. The devil horns hand is the inner side that isn't showing on a sealed copy. 

But this version does look even different from that. There's no text on it anywhere and it looks very cheap and ghetto, like the slip cover is photo copies or something. 

My real copy is on the left, the copy I just got is on the right.
Deathgasm2_zpsqcpx58kd.jpg
Deathgasm1_zpsljyl9o7e.jpg

Never mind.  That isn't that cool unfortunately :(, haha. Never noticed the reverse side of it on mine.  Will have to check that out when I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Damn, none of you went and saw The Conjuring 2??

I just got back from it and I thought it was really, reeeeally good.  I mean... I haven't seen the first one since it was in theaters, but I'd probably have to say that the second one is better than the first.

I was thinking about how weird it was that no one here had posted about it. I saw it last night, definitely scared me quite a few times. I think I prefer the first one.

Edit: did your showing have the trailer for Don't Breathe in front of it? That looks like it could be pretty interesting.

Edited by dantheriver

16 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I was thinking about how weird it was that no one here had posted about it. I saw it last night, definitely scared me quite a few times. I think I prefer the first one.

Edit: did your showing have the trailer for Don't Breathe in front of it? That looks like it could be pretty interesting.

Yessir it did.  I saw the trailer a few weeks ago when it was first put up on the internet, but it was cool to see it on the big screen.  Yeah, I'll definitely be going to see that.  "Lights Out" should be pretty good too.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

I saw The Conjuring 2 on Saturday. I really dug it, but it had the sappiest ending I've ever seen in a horror movie. It ended like an episode of Full House.

I thought the ending was kind of refreshing in a way.  We've all gotten so used to the "everything seems good at the end and then out of nowhere things aren't good at all" endings in horror films.  It was kind of nice to see a legit "happy ending" for once.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for fucked up endings all day, every day.  Just kinda giving my thoughts.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

19 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I thought the ending was kind of refreshing in a way.  We've all gotten so used to the "everything seems good at the end and then out of nowhere things aren't good at all" endings in horror films.  It was kind of nice to see a legit "happy ending" for once.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for fucked up endings all day, every day.  Just kinda giving my thoughts.

I agree. I like happy endings, too, but this one just felt a little too saccharine for my taste.

I posted in the Recently Viewings thread about my thoughts on Green Room:. So far, it may be my movie of the year.  I loved both Mrder Party and Blue Ruin, so I had high hopes and it definitely delivered.  Every single part of the cast was phenomenal, especially Patrick Stewat (which is to be expected); the soundtrack brought up the edginess in the viewing and the script was phenomenal. 9-9.5/10.

Tonight I watched The Invitation and it was also a fantastic watch.  If you dig slow burns like Red State or The Sacrament, you should definitely put this on your watch list; solid 8/10.

Anyone have amazon prime? The Human Centipede box set is a prime day deal for $29.99. It's selling pretty quickly! It was at like 70% claimed when I grabbed it a few minutes ago.

Not a huge fan of the 3rd one, but I love the first one, and the second is fun. Plus it's Shout Factory so it has tons of rad bonus stuff, including a color version of the 2nd movie!

10 minutes ago, kylet said:

Anyone have amazon prime? The Human Centipede box set is a prime day deal for $29.99. It's selling pretty quickly! It was at like 70% claimed when I grabbed it a few minutes ago.

Not a huge fan of the 3rd one, but I love the first one, and the second is fun. Plus it's Shout Factory so it has tons of rad bonus stuff, including a color version of the 2nd movie!

I grabbed this around the time that it initially came out.  It's an awesome set.  This is a great deal though, so others should jump on it.

Also, The Invitation is on Netflix Instant now and I couldn't wait for the blu-ray any longer, so my fiancée and I watched it last night.  Holy shit was that awesome!

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I grabbed this around the time that it initially came out.  It's an awesome set.  This is a great deal though, so others should jump on it.

Also, The Invitation is on Netflix Instant now and I couldn't wait for the blu-ray any longer, so my fiancée and I watched it last night.  Holy shit was that awesome!

I'm excited to get it and revisit them. I haven't seen any of them since they first came out.

I also loved the Invitation.

Have you seen Holidays? It's that new anthology horror film with shorts about every holiday. Kevin smith did one. I think it's coming to netflix, or is on netflix now. I wanna see it but I don't have netflix anymore. Sorda weird that stuff goes to demand/netflix before it get's a physical release.

Edited by kylet

42 minutes ago, kylet said:

I'm excited to get it and revisit them. I haven't seen any of them since they first came out.

I also loved the Invitation.

Have you seen Holidays? It's that new anthology horror film with shorts about every holiday. Kevin smith did one. I think it's coming to netflix, or is on netflix now. I wanna see it but I don't have netflix anymore. Sorda weird that stuff goes to demand/netflix before it get's a physical release.

I swear I remember hearing about that.  At least I remember reading something about Kevin Smith doing a short for some kind of anthology.  That's awesome though.  I'll have to check if it's on Netflix tonight.  I love me some anthologies.

EDIT:  It's also worth mentioning that Deathgasm is on Netflix instant now too!  Everyone who visits this thread and hasn't seen it yet needs to right now!

Edited by FiggyPuddling

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread