The official Horror fan topic

Rip

11 hours ago, kylet said:

I couldn't get into Siren. I was so pumped for it too because I loved the short in VHS. But Siren just felt like some straight to TV schlock. 

I think that might be part of why I liked it.  Parts of it reminded me of a much poorer From Dusk Til Dawn or  maybe Bordello of Blood (minus the vampires), which are both films I remember watching a lot growing up.   The club sections were it's strongest points for me.  Definitely schlock, but fun schlock :)

Got around to seeing Get Out this past week, and while I thought it was pretty good after the fact - the dark humor was stellar - I left the theatre saying "What the fuck did I just watch?" 

Additionally, the only people in the theatre were my friend and I, and some 50-something man in a large woman's fur coat, so that may have added to the weirdness...

20 hours ago, chkadea said:

Additionally, the only people in the theatre were my friend and I, and some 50-something man in a large woman's fur coat, so that may have added to the weirdness...

I went to a Tuesday cheap day 7:00pm-ish show last week and it was fucking sold out! There was a single seat next to my wife that a couple had to split up and take. I couldn't believe it. That never happens in Buffalo on a Tuesday night. But I'm happy a horror movie is getting so much attention. I heard it had a better score on rotten tomatoes than almost every oscar nominee haha.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:42 PM, chkadea said:

Got around to seeing Get Out this past week, and while I thought it was pretty good after the fact - the dark humor was stellar - I left the theatre saying "What the fuck did I just watch?" 

I saw it last night at 1030, so it was packed. People were losing their shit during the 3rd act.

It was a lot of fun and very well made. 

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone get around to watching devils candy? I just got done with it and thought it wasn't bad. A couple tweaks here and there and it could have been really great but it's a slow burn with a decent ending.

I watched it with a friend tonight.  Some of the plot threads (mainly the gallery stuff) where a bit useless and I have some other small complaints, but overall I found it to be a fun Friday night movie.  I definitely agree that a few tweaks would've been beneficial, some of the dialogue was pretty cheesy.  Sunn O))) music being used was a big plus for me and it fit SO well!

On 3/11/2017 at 8:53 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Whyyyyyyy?

Don't play man...you know Incarnate is one of your favorite movies...second only to The Devil Inside...

Watched the original Cape Fear tonight, the one with Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck, holy hell that was quite a ride. Mitchum was one menacing motherfucker and I honestly think I liked it better than the Scorsese remake...

Edited by thispartysucks128

A Nightmare On Elm Street and Gremlins are both going up on Netflix in April! (X)

Since my last post I've watched: 

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

Hostel (2005)

Hostel Part II (2007)

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

The Strangers (2008)

We Are What We Are (2013)

The Witch (2015)

15 hours ago, thispartysucks128 said:

Don't play man...you know Incarnate is one of your favorite movies...second only to The Devil Inside...

I haven't actually seen Incarnate yet.  I'm afraid if I watch it, it'll end up being my favorite movie of all-time and I don't think I'm ready for the commitment.