The official Horror fan topic

Rip

Forgot I also watched “My Friend Dahmer.”

If you go into it knowing what it’s going to be, it’s pretrt good.  My wife didn’t like it because she thought it was going to be him killing people left and right, which it isn’t at all.  It’s about his time in and how he was in high school and what lead him to turning into the person he did.

I never read the graphic novel, so I don’t know how close it stayed to it, but yeah.  It’s an interesting and sad watch.

Here's what I've watched over the last week or so.

Channel Zero - Season 1 & 2  - Definitely agree that the first one was better, but I mostly enjoyed season two.  I think it might've worked better as a 2 hour movie under the Channel Zero name.  It didn't seem to hold my interest quite like season one did.  Season one was pretty fun and enjoyable.  I'll probably get caught up on season 3 this weekend.

The Strange Ones - I thought this was going to be a time travel movie with some horror to it.  It was neither, just a mediocre drama.

Sun Choke - Right about the point where I was going to turn this off, it got very dark and much more interesting.  Doesn't make up for a boring first half, but I felt less like it wasted my time.

Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS - Mostly had this in the background and it was exactly what I expected.  Not a great exploitation movie at all, but kind of a fascinating one to watch.

The Last Girl Standing - The basic premise here was good, bad execution almost all the way through.  Could probably watch the first and last 20 minutes and have a much better movie experience, the middle is a slog.

Benny's Video - Not quite the punch in the gut that Funny Games is, but the coldness is definitely there.  Save for it being a little long, I liked it quite a bit.

The Honor Farm - I'm not sure if I'd ever watch this again or recommend it, but I thought it was an ok way to waste 75 minutes.

Never Open The Door - Great presentation all the way through.  It's just ruined by generic and unlikeable characters who argue with each other far too much.

13 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Here's what I've watched over the last week or so.

Channel Zero - Season 1 & 2  - Definitely agree that the first one was better, but I mostly enjoyed season two.  I think it might've worked better as a 2 hour movie under the Channel Zero name.  It didn't seem to hold my interest quite like season one did.  Season one was pretty fun and enjoyable.  I'll probably get caught up on season 3 this weekend.

The Strange Ones - I thought this was going to be a time travel movie with some horror to it.  It was neither, just a mediocre drama.

Sun Choke - Right about the point where I was going to turn this off, it got very dark and much more interesting.  Doesn't make up for a boring first half, but I felt less like it wasted my time.

Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS - Mostly had this in the background and it was exactly what I expected.  Not a great exploitation movie at all, but kind of a fascinating one to watch.

The Last Girl Standing - The basic premise here was good, bad execution almost all the way through.  Could probably watch the first and last 20 minutes and have a much better movie experience, the middle is a slog.

Benny's Video - Not quite the punch in the gut that Funny Games is, but the coldness is definitely there.  Save for it being a little long, I liked it quite a bit.

The Honor Farm - I'm not sure if I'd ever watch this again or recommend it, but I thought it was an ok way to waste 75 minutes.

Never Open The Door - Great presentation all the way through.  It's just ruined by generic and unlikeable characters who argue with each other far too much.

Sounds like a pretty rough week for the most part lol.

Watched Mom & Dad and Victor Crowley...liked them both and would recommend. Only gripe would be the endings could have been a little better but they were fun and pretty much are exactly what you’d think they would be

Edited by KingTacoMunster

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Was going to watch Veronica but should have realized that It would have subtitles...bummed but then found out Jeepers Creepers 3 is on Netflix now so that’s cool

Oh no man... Please don’t tell me you’re one of THOSE people.

You miss out on so much.  Including Veronica, which I just watched and it was really good!  Nothing groundbreaking, but fairly original when it comes to a possession film.

I could never watch any of the Jeepers Creepers films knowing the director is a fucking creep and a pedophile.

I don't mind subtitles at all...BUT sometimes I don't feel like reading them. I was going to watch Veronica tonight but just wasn't in the mood for subtitles (too stoned tbh)

10 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Oh no man... Please don’t tell me you’re one of THOSE people.

You miss out on so much.  Including Veronica, which I just watched and it was really good!  Nothing groundbreaking, but fairly original when it comes to a possession film.

I have to be in the mood for subtitles...I hate reading tbh...fuck books

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I could never watch any of the Jeepers Creepers films knowing the director is a fucking creep and a pedophile.

I don't mind subtitles at all...BUT sometimes I don't feel like reading them. I was going to watch Veronica tonight but just wasn't in the mood for subtitles (too stoned tbh)

Totally forgot about the director being a creepo. The movie sucked anyways 

3 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I have to be in the mood for subtitles...I hate reading tbh...fuck books 

I get this.  I definitely have to be in the mood for subtitles, but I don't dislike them as a whole.  When time allows, I try to do one subtitled movie a week just so I don't get too many of them piled up.  Veronica is quite good, subtitles and all!

I will disagree on the books part though, they're great! :lol: