The official Horror fan topic

Rip

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Victor Crowley could have been better but they are all still fun. Enjoy!

My only problems with it were (minor spoilers)

Spoiler

It spends SO much time in the damn plane and that the kill count seemed kind of low.  More nitpicks than anything, just took the movie down a bit.

7 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

My only problems with it were (minor spoilers)

Hide contents

It spends SO much time in the damn plane and that the kill count seemed kind of low.  More nitpicks than anything, just took the movie down a bit.

totally agree and the end was a little lackluster...

Edited by KingTacoMunster

6 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

A friend and I watched The Lodgers last night.  Hardly a great movie, but we both found it enjoyable enough.  Had a good atmosphere and a fairly interesting story.  Biggest problem is the narrative seemed a little muddy or unfocused.

was it a horror movie or thriller?

13 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Watched the new Strangers tonight. Solid slasher movie. Short, sweet and bloody. Cinematography is cool at times like the pool scene, the music is cool and at times intense. Worth a watch 

I'm hoping to see it this week.  I ended up choosing Thoroughbreds over it on Friday due to start time.

Opening weekend and The Strangers only has 2 show times a day at all the theaters around here.  One showing at like  noon, so I'm at work, and the other at 11pm, so I can't because I have work in the morning. Between all the theaters here there are practically like 50 screens within a 10 mile radius of me.

They've all still got like 5 showings of Jumanji a day too.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Saw this earlier and I’m still not sure how I feel.  Only way it’ll be halfway decent is if everyone comes back to play their parts.

I'm late but I was pleasantly surprised with "Veronica" on Netflix tonight. It was quite entertaining throughout.  The "twist" as the end wasn't exactly a twist and it was formulaic sometimes, but the acting was strong and I'd probably watch it again with friends later. 

As far as that Zombie film is concerned, I'm excited! The Devil's Rejects is probably my favourite film he's done, though 31 is a pretty strong contender as well. 

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I watched Muse ofter the weekend and it was full on bad.  The premise didn't seem that good to me, but the guy directed Sleep Tight and I figured I would give it the benefit of the doubt based on that.  I'd say don't bother.

Well this is disappointing to hear.  I didn’t even know he had a new movie out.  I absolutely loved Sleep Tight.  He also was a co-director of the [REC] films.

Sounds cool as hell too.  I’ll still probably check it out eventually. 

Edited by FiggyPud

I really wanted to love The Final Girls and I thought it was just ok.  Didn't hate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.  At least that's what I remember of it.

I was a bit distracted when watching the previous episode of Channel Zero, so I plan to watch that and the finale this weekend.

Watched Annihilation last night.  Definitely a sci-fi movie, but it has some heavy splashes of horror in parts.  It's real heady at the end and I'm not sure if I picked up all of, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.