The official Horror fan topic

Rip

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

we watched Dead Shack last night, which is a Shudder exclusive I guess, and was pretty letdown. Seemed like it would be awesome and had potential but overall was boring. bummed.

I've been keeping my eye out for that.  I'll probably still watch it at some point, but hearing it's not great doesn't make it nearly as much of a priority.

8 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Interested to hear your thoughts!

I'll probably watch it this weekend and report back.  I'm on call until Monday, which usually means I spent the bulk of my time watching movies at home, haha.

I finished Butcher's Block last night and mostly liked it.  I still think the first season is my favorite, but Block was much better than season two.

The Strangers was decent. A good bit of fun. Dug the occasionally throwback synth-y score and the font on the title card. A couple legit jump scares too. 

Theater was packed with teenagers, so that was a bit annoying. Someone brought a large group of like 13 year old girls. They had very astute commentary like "That dude is gonna get stabbed!" No shit? The dude in the people get stabbed movie is gonna get stabbed? Are you psychic?

Pyewacket : Not a bad movie, just not an original one.  I'm sure everyone in this thread has seem something pretty similar.  There's some embarrassingly bad teen angst in the first thirty minutes too.  Made for an ok Friday night watch I suppose.

Dead Shack : Should've been called Dud Shack.  Completely agree with everything @KingTacoMunster said about this, even though I think he might have been a bit easy on it.  One kill in the middle was decent, but past that, this was all around awful.

The Bar : Watched this last weekend and forgot to mention it.  I thought it was real enjoyable.  It becomes a bit of a mess in the 20-30 minutes,  but nothing so bad that it ruined the movie.

Mohawk : Starts as a war movie and transitions into a horror / revenge flick.  Doesn't completely work, but it was pretty enjoyable.  Some nice gore, especially once it hits the horror stretch.

Torment : This was a bad, kind of stupid slasher / home invasion movie.  I was in the mood for something dumb and it fit the bill,  so there's that.

Got to see A Quiet Place today and it’s so fucking good. The tension is great and a couple of things happen that I wasn’t expecting. For John to have wrote, directed and starred in, its impressive.

also watched the day of the dead remake or bloodline, what ever the fuck that garbage is called. The gore was great but the acting and movie itself was horrid. So boring. And really hate what they did with “bub”

Edited by KingTacoMunster

Stumbled upon an ad on Facebook last night about an officially licensed 1 to 1 scale of a Chucky doll.  Anybody else know about this/buying one? It looks Badass but is $500. After reading a few comments it had me thinking I should probably buy one because people were saying that the sideshow dolls that were made a while back sell for up to $4000 now. I was introduced to horror movies first starting with child's play when I was about 5/6 and my parents would scare the shit out of me with chucky. Figured it would be a great collectable to own just gotta get past spending that much money on something like this. 

Edited by pizza face

13 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Oh and got to see the trailer for Hereditary on the big screen and oh my, sooooooooo ready for it

I'm so hype for Hereditary

A Quiet Place was ok. I really didn't like the third act though. Definitely nice atmosphere and I enjoyed the title card smash, but it made me think the movie overall would have some more balls.

32 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That Truth or Dare movie looks terrible but I thought it might be some Final Destination type fun...just saw that it's PG13. Nope. Even with moviepass I probably won't bother.

So tired of seeing the trailer for it. Like the last 3 or 4 movies I’ve seen it. Looks horrible and blumhouse should be ashamed

8 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

So tired of seeing the trailer for it. Like the last 3 or 4 movies I’ve seen it. Looks horrible and blumhouse should be ashamed

It's the kinda thing where if they went all out with some ridiculous deaths and crazy gore it could be fun. But PG13? Ugh.

Blumhouse will probably make bank off of it though, so good for them. Hopefully they put the money to good use.

22 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That Truth or Dare movie looks terrible but I thought it might be some Final Destination type fun...just saw that it's PG13. Nope. Even with moviepass I probably won't bother.

Did you guys see Happy Death Day? PG-13 Blumhouse movie that looked terrible. It was actually pretty fun.  Gives me hope Truth or Dare won't be terrible. 

I've haven't posted in awhile but I've been watching tons of shit.

Here's a few I've seen lately that I dug:
- A Quite Place - I loved it, hour an a half version of the Velociraptor scene from Jurassic Park. Super tense. 
- Pyewacket - Definitely a teenage horror movie, but it's done super well. I liked it alot. 
- Mom and Dad - Nicolas Cage is great in this. Super fun. 
- Unsane
- Thoroughbred
- Strangers 2

And the bad:
- Inside (remake)

Spoiler

How the fuck are you gonna remake inside and not have the stalker get the baby in the end. I get it, it's an american remake, they're going to tone down the violence. At least do it off screen, don't change the entire plot to the movie because you're too chicken shit to go for it in the end. The remake was fucking pointless. I'm always a little salty when they redo a movie I hold so close, but this one especially pissed me off. 

The indie theater near my house is showing a monthly dread central presents so I got to see 2 of those in the theater so far
- Terrifier - Great gore. The clown is hillarious
- #screamers - Better than it's terrible title, but the ending was sort of confusing and a let down. Still not a bad watch.

Also been banging out some heavy hitters lately. Not super into any of them, but curiosity gets the best of me. And usually the effects are great.
- Nekromantik + Nekromantik 2
- Flowers
- Vomit  Gore - ReGOREgitated Sacrifice

Not horror but I really liked Ready Player One. Not nearly as good as the book (did any of us actually expect it to be?) but it was still super fun. And Isle of Dogs is playing this weekend in Buffalo, can't wait for that.

I miss this thread. I just don't have the downtown at work like I used to have to post in here :(

Edited by kylet

Fuck, I'm gonna go see Truth or Dare. Been using the Regal app to keep track of my points (seriously, movie pass plus the Regal points club is the best) and today it informed me that if you see Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, and the new Halloween you get a bunch of extra points, a free popcorn, and digital downloads of all 4 movies. I planned on seeing Purge and Halloween and since the cost of seeing the other 2 is $0 I'll waste my time for that free shit.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead