The official Horror fan topic

Rip

• 1 month later...

Watched "The Autopsy of Jane Doe" last night and holy shit.  It was soooo good.  Seriously, see this the first chance you get.

Watched "The Black Coat's Daughter" (formerly known as February) today.  Also really, really good.  A little confusing, but it ends up making sense once you get to the end.

Anyone else seen anything good recently?

26 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Watched "The Autopsy of Jane Doe" last night and holy shit.  It was soooo good.  Seriously, see this the first chance you get.

Watched "The Black Coat's Daughter" (formerly known as February) today.  Also really, really good.  A little confusing, but it ends up making sense once you get to the end.

Haven't watched Jane Doe yet, but I might tonight.  I liked February (I think Black Coat's Daughter is a stupid name) quite a bit.

Watched Under the Shadows last night and thought it was very satisfying all the way through.  I finished the Wolf Creek mini-series a few weeks ago and was very impressed with it.  Very highly recommend that as well.

Edit : haven't been in this thread for quite a while, apologies if those recommendations are  redundant :) 

Edited by jonrawks

8 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I agree that Autopsy of Jane Doe was good.    Not sure if fun is the appropriate word for it, but I really had a blast watching it.

I mean, I had a great time watching it.  It depends on what you mean by "fun."  I just describe a movie being fun as another way of saying it was "enjoyable to watch."

7 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Nobody saw Split over the weekend? If you're a fan of early Shyamalan then get to the theater.

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. James McAvoys performance was awesome and that ending, oof. any long time M Night fans should love it.

Going to see Split today at 4:00. Going to see They Live in the theater on Thursday (some how have never seen this). Going to see Autopsy of Jane Doe at the indie theater in my town on Saturday. Should be a good week for me.

Saw Bye Bye man last week, it was as bad as the name sounds.

3 hours ago, kylet said:

Going to see Split today at 4:00. Going to see They Live in the theater on Thursday (some how have never seen this). Going to see Autopsy of Jane Doe at the indie theater in my town on Saturday. Should be a good week for me.

Oh man you're in for a treat with They Live!

Sooo jealous you have an "indie theater."  That's really cool.  They play a lot of horror stuff?

2 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Oh man you're in for a treat with They Live!

Sooo jealous you have an "indie theater."  That's really cool.  They play a lot of horror stuff?

ThursdayNightTerrors2_zps4kiyhkn9.jpg

I'm super pumped for the second round of Thursday Night Terrors! Starts up again this Thursday.

The indie theater by me is alright. It doesn't really have a "theater" feel to it as you can see in the pictures on their website, but they do show some good stuff on occasion that would normally skip a smaller city like Buffalo.  They serve alcohol so my friends love it lol.  I've actually only been there a few times for random events like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, It's A Wonderful Life, stuff like that.

19 minutes ago, kylet said:

I'm super pumped for the second round of Thursday Night Terrors! Starts up again this Thursday.

The indie theater by me is alright. It doesn't really have a "theater" feel to it as you can see in the pictures on their website, but they do show some good stuff on occasion that would normally skip a smaller city like Buffalo.  They serve alcohol so my friends love it lol.  I've actually only been there a few times for random events like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, It's A Wonderful Life, stuff like that.

HOLY CRAP

47 minutes ago, kylet said:

That's still really cool that you have someone like that around you.

That Thursday Night Terrors sounds incredible though.  Such a good lineup.  

9 hours ago, kylet said:

They Live might be my favorite John Carpenter movie (hard to pin down a favorite, in the top 2-3 for sure).  You're in for a treat!

Guess it was zombie weekend at my house.  Watched The Girl with All The Gifts and What We Become this weekend.  I thought Girl was extremely faithful to the book and liked it a lot.  I'm not 100% sure if the narrative makes total sense though.  I kind of think that I filled in a some blanks due to being familiar with the book.  What We Become had great pacing and was real fun to watch unfold.  Bits of it reminded me of 28 Days Later (in a good way).  Definitely worth the ~80 minutes it takes to watch.

9 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Guess it was zombie weekend at my house.  Watched The Girl with All The Gifts and What We Become this weekend.  I thought Girl was extremely faithful to the book and liked it a lot.  I'm not 100% sure if the narrative makes total sense though.  I kind of think that I filled in a some blanks due to being familiar with the book.  What We Become had great pacing and was real fun to watch unfold.  Bits of it reminded me of 28 Days Later (in a good way).  Definitely worth the ~80 minutes it takes to watch.

Gonna watch The Girl With All The Gifts soon.  I never read the book but I'm still excited regardless.