US labels/distros/bands - my notes on new US postal rates

I'm pretty sure this change has sunk me as well, since about 35% of my orders are international.  Already spent $500 more for shipping than I charged customers on the Kristofferson Tribute preorders.  I'm definitely ending the R. Stevie Moore Satruday Singles Series, because over 50% of those sell overseas, and doubt anyone will want to pay $13 to ship a 7".

Read this excellent article by James Jackson Toth (aka Wooden Wand).  There are some other implications and motivations behind the whole thing that I wasn't aware of. http://stereogum.com/1247822/deconstructing-how-the-usps-is-killing-indie/top-stories/lead-story/

for small parcels  they will be even more expensive than USPS.

for larger parcels USPS is still the cheaper service also

the source "problem" with the new pricing now is that it hurts for people who want to order just one or two small items (more so than it already did).. larger/combined/bigger distro/wholesale orders  aren't affected nearly as bad.

True to this. We all know this sucks, but in the end our love for vinyl will overcome it

fuck that horse shit. I'll pay for a few packages but  I know that I'm going to get fed up with it and stop buying from 'merica altogether. I'm not going to allow myself to be raped by another country\s shipping policies (especially the US). Even if that country produces the best punk.

I wish we could protest this but the only people that could gain any traction would be business owners that ship internationally. hint

I've been trying to adjust my rates. Does this look about right/reasonable to you guys.  This price includes the the cost of the mailer and the postage:

LP          Addiontal LP

United States              4.09      1.09
Canada                      12.99     5.99
Groups 3, 4, 5            16.99     7.99
Groups 6, 7, 8, 9        15.99     7.99

In Australia, we've been used to shipping costing more than the product. It's generally been between $11-13 to get a single lp shipped. But even a couple of dollars added on will probably make a difference to my collecting habits, purely because alot of the time I'm only ordering single LP's (pre-orders etc). I don't see why they need to jack up the rates on what already seems like an exorbitant price in the first place.