Unwound Discography Repress

http://pitchfork.com/news/49346-numero-to-reissue-unwounds-complete-recordings/

This fall, obscurities and reissues label the Numero Group will reissue the complete recordings of the Washington State post-hardcore act Unwound. Their seven albums (1992's Unwound, 1993's Fake Train, 1994's New Plastic Ideas, 1995's The Future of What, 1996's Repetition, 1998's Challenge for a Civilized Society, and 2001's Leaves Turn Inside You) will all be given the full Numero treatment-- expanded, remastered, and annotated.

In advance of the reissue campaign, on Record Store Day (April 20), Numero will put out a previously unreleased LP by Giant Henry, Justin Trosper and Vern Rumsey's high school band that eventually became Unwound.

• 3 months later...

http://numerogroup.wordpress.com/

202-2web-res.jpg?w=420&h=420

Kid Is Gone is the unquiet portrait of primal Unwound. Before 1993’s Fake Train ripped through, they’d been Giant Henry, Supertanker, and Cygnus X-1, short-lived black holes gathering dark material into something built to explode. From Justin Trosper, Vern Rumsey, and Brandt Sandeno’s first restive years, “Crab Nebula” might’ve best prepared the indie-sphere for what Unwound became, had Sandeno’s split not stalled their planned debut. Part 1 in Numero’s 4-part reissue project, Kid Is Gone documents signal chaos in Olympia’s fertile scene before Unwound’s turbulent noise hit stride, in unrevealed period photos, 34 tracks, and three LPs—cassette-only demos, early 7”s, a KAOS radio broadcast, material tracked live in a local basement, and all of what became 1994’s Unwound, on which the band’s prehistory plays out in a feral maelstrom of screaming, distortion, feedback, and abrasive promise.

Track list:
Side A
1. Bionic
2. LD-50
3. Lying At Best
4. Stumbling Block
5. Whilst You’re A Head
6. Rubber Band Heart
7. Crab Nebula
Side B
2. Caterpillar
3. Miserific Condition
4. Love And Fear
5. You Speak Jealousy
Side C
1. Antifreeze
2. Rising Blood
3. Understand & Forget
4. Fingertips
5. You Bite My Tongue
6. Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere Again
Side D
1. Warmth
2. Prospect
3. Kid Is Gone
4. Kandy Korn Rituals
5. Against
6. I’d Die To Know You
7. Sugarfit
Side E
1. Understand & Forget (KAOS session)
2. Miserific Condition (KAOS session)
3. Against (KAOS session)
4. Ape Skins (KAOS session)
5. Awkward (KAOS session)
Side F
1. Antifreeze (Live)
2. Rising Blood (Live)
3. Prospect (Live)
4. Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere Again (Live)
5. Hating In D (Live)

Looks like the Huggybear/Punkinmyviamins S/T is in there with bonus tracks as disc 2. Looking forward to it.

I wonder how everything went with the RSD Giant Henry? I ended up getting all three covers. All of which had the gray marble vinyl. It's not always easy to gauge how popular some of this stuff is, especially 90's indie stuff.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the 4LP set from Numero. I inquired about ordering through my local shop, but the extra LP is mail order only, so I had to go that route.

It looks like these albums may be getting released in "era" form in small boxsets? Maybe multiple albums per set? "Part 1 in Numero’s 4-part reissue project" seems to point to that. I guess we'll find out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked this up at my local shop for 34 bucks. Could not resist eventhough I own all the OGS

Pretty much will be buying all of these sets. Quality stuff

On their site it says that the sets include

3 flyers

3 replica covers

Did anyone who get this have this in their set. Mine does not. I emailed Numero to see

Picked this up at my local shop for 34 bucks. Could not resist eventhough I own all the OGS

Pretty much will be buying all of these sets. Quality stuff

On their site it says that the sets include

3 flyers

3 replica covers

Did anyone who get this have this in their set. Mine does not. I emailed Numero to see

The replica covers are the sleeves inside the jackets and the flyers are in the inserts inside the sleeves. You need to pull the records out. This set is worth it almost just for the booklet alone. very well done.