Overrated/Overhyped bands and or artist

Let's talk about bands we don't like. Please give valid reason on why you don't like them by tell us what you dislike about them musically and astecticly
If somebody talks about your favorite band don't get butthurt it's an opinion the person is entitled to!

A Day to remember

Musically speaking they're so basic, not to mention going from a pop punk band to generic sounding want to be scene kid metal band. They didn't progress musically they more or less regressed musically with the only progressing they made was losing the synth. Almost doing away with "clean vocals" completely was a huge mistake in my opnion. Not to mention Jeremy for a nice changing into  huge ego maniac (I know a band who've played with them). Their songs lack in production value and lyrics. With their guitar and drums so redundant and simple it's sad that they're so popular. 

this thread happened once. it did not go well. it's probably best if we don't do that again.

I just want opinions on music I'm not trying to start anything like it's just music. People have to understand that taste and preference differ from person to person so I just want to hear what the community thinks about certain artist.  

I know I am going to catch a lot of crap for saying these two bands, but in my opinion the two biggest that come to my mind are;

Radiohead and The Mars Volta.  Both of these artists DO have a couple good songs, but the rest just bore me and drag on and just sound repetitive.  And trust me, Im not trying to hate on them.  just my opinion

it's all subjective.

there is kind of an unspoken, loosely followed agreement that we all try not to talk shit about other's tastes in music.

i think this is bullshit.

if no one ever called out my taste in music or the shittiness of some of the bands on my ipod, id still be listening to senses fail and jack johnson.

people need to grow a pair and learn to listen to some real criticism. otherwise, the ability to listen subjectively and objectively will suffer severely.

if no one ever called out my taste in music or the shittiness of some of the bands on my ipod, id still be listening to senses fail and jack johnson.

people need to grow a pair and learn to listen to some real criticism. otherwise, the ability to listen subjectively and objectively will suffer severely.

Totally disagree, as much as I think Senses Fail and Jack Johnson suck. I also think that it doesn't matter what I think. I'm sure you think most of my favorite albums suck, but it gets to me just right.

Totally disagree, as much as I think Senses Fail and Jack Johnson suck. I also think that it doesn't matter what I think. I'm sure you think most of my favorite albums suck, but it gets to me just right.

but people act like it's not okay to talk about why you don't like something.

i got in a full blown *discussion* in a thrice thread one time explaining exactly why i think they're overrated and blah blah blah. it wasn't just ohhh they suck and so do you!

if people can wet themselves over how much they like something, why can't others say why they don't?

Yeah, but who are you to tell anyone what's good music and what's not? We may all think our tastes in music are superior or whatever, but that's bullshit as well. We all like what we like.

Agree, my passion for music is beyond my tastes. I think music is a beautiful thing, its not just there to mosh it up to a sweet hardcore band. It's there to move people, to make people feel a certain way. So if really shitty music does that for them, I feel sorry for them, but it's not up to me to be concerned.