What's your latest purchase?

Bought some new pieces in the past 3 months or so.  Never posted about it so figured what the hec... I love this stuff.

Phono stage:

Ear 324 (Chrome faceplate, not the brushed one below)

hero_ear.jpg

An EAR 868 (linestage only):

ear_868.jpg

EAR 890 (Amplifier):  Changed out to 6550 tubes instead of the KT90s

ear890.jpg

Dat is sexy. 

DB Systems DBP-10 Alignment Protractor

Ortofon 2m Blue

I really want a Dynavector 10x5 but currently have neither the budget nor the patience to save up for it. As it happens the resale on the 2m Blue is surprisingly good, so if I end up not liking it I'll just sell it and make an upgrade.

Man the 10x5 is awesome. I have it and am glad I spent a little more to get it.

For my Birthday my family got me the RP1 Performance Pack. It's interesting in setting it up as it was relatively simple. I do like the upgraded Bias 2 cartridge. 

The difference in sound is kind of crazy. It was nothing that blew me out of my chair. However, it was subtle  enough to make a difference. 

The heavier wool mat for the platter seems to just be more sturdy.

The heavier graded band just will stand the taste of time. Super excited about it.

-Rega P9

-Cambridge Audio Azure 851

-Focal Electra 1007 s book shelf speakers

-Musical Surroundings Nova Phenomena 

-Ortofon Cadenza Black

Came into some money and figured I would upgrade from what I had

The P9 and focal speakers I got from a good sale discount music direct was having at the time. I was pointed in their direction when Needle Doctor told me that they were completely sold out of the P9

Pics or it didn't happen. Just sayin'...that's quite a bit of money to come into! Also, I'd love to see your P9.

I've never actually read a single review on these. Mind posting some pics?

I've heard that they do the job. I found this small company that has something similar ...

http://www.wiplastics.com/page05.html

I recall people saying that they're a little more expensive, but I think they look a little cooler.  For some reason I really dislike the aesthetics of the Q-up ... which is fairly shallow of me, but I don't really care.

I've heard that they do the job. I found this small company that has something similar ...

http://www.wiplastics.com/page05.html

I recall people saying that they're a little more expensive, but I think they look a little cooler.  For some reason I really dislike the aesthetics of the Q-up ... which is fairly shallow of me, but I don't really care.

The Q-up needs to be modified in order to work on the Carbon. Since I dont care to fuck with it, Im also interested in that levitator instead.

I don't know what kind of modification would be needed.  It can't be height as that is truly adjustable.  There are multiple slots throughout the Q-up housing in addition to the three separate base blocks for height adjustment.  You can see the slots in the first pic actually.

Ok here you go...too many steps to take pictures and upload them with a proper camera.  iPhone pics in low light really suck...

You can see the Nighthawk in the right of the full table pic.  I can't believe I re-bought it!  Never thought I would miss it so much :)

dsc2219d.jpg

dsc2220b.jpg

dsc2221w.jpg

Here is the Nighthawk sitting on the EAR 324 phono stage...can you believe how small that Nighthawk phono is...crazy. You won't believe how large the sound is that the Nighthawk throws.

dsc2222y.jpg

I though you had a Scout!!! So you are using the Nighthawk instead of the EAR? Seems backwards to me.

It's a TNT 6 "Hot Rod" (basically means the tonearm is drilled into the plinth, not using an arm board) with the VPI HRX dual motor, VPI Aluminum platter, VPI Center Weight and Periphery ring.  Plus a bunch of other record clamps (the one in the pictures is a Furutech Monza).

I enjoy the Nighthawk for a different presentation it provides.  The EAR 324 is amazing, so is the Einstein "Turntables Choice" phono stage I enjoy as well.  But the fact that the Nighthawk hangs with this crowd is amazing in and of itself.  Nothing is backwards :)