What's your latest purchase?

I just bought a shitload of gear.  Check out this haul!  Fuckin' jealous?

4 X 71-RN60D-F-200K / Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole 1/4watt 200Kohms 1% 100ppm 

4 X 71-RN60D47R0F / Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole 1/4watt 47ohms 1% 100ppm 

4 X 71-RN60D5600F / Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole 1/4watt 560ohms 1% 100ppm 

2 X 71-RN60D-F-16K / Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole 1/4watt 16Kohms 1% 100ppm 

2 X 505-FKP20.015/63/2.5 / Pulse Film Capacitors 63V .015uF 2.5% 

2 X 505-FKP24700/63/2.5 / Pulse Film Capacitors 63V 4700pF 2.5% 

8 X 667-EEU-FC1V101 / Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 100uF 35V 

8 X 594-K104K15X7RF5TL2 / Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors Leaded 0.1uF 50volts 10% X7R 2.5mm LS 

4 X 534-8846 / 4mm x 8mm Standoffs 

2 X 505-M102.2/250/5 / Film Capacitors 250V 2.2uF 5% PCM27.5 - Wima 

2 X 399-7683-ND / CAP FILM 220PF 100VDC RADIAL 

4 X 575-21043380 / IC & Component Sockets 8P SOLDER 

1 X S21B-ND / DPST Toggle Switch 

2 X 3296Y-102LF-ND / TRIMMER 1K OHM 0.5W TH 

2 X 3296Y-202LF-ND / TRIMMER 2K OHM 0.5W TH 

1 X ED1535-ND / 3pin 7mm Pitch Terminal Blocks 

1 X 696-SSL-LX5093IT / Standard RED LED - Through Hole HIR 

1 X 71-RN60D-F-8.2K / LED Current Limiting Metal Film Resistor 8.2kohms 

2 X 568-NYS367-9 / Phono (RCA) Connectors RCA PANEL JACK GOLD/WHITE REAN 

2 X 568-NYS367-2 / Phono (RCA) Connectors RCA PANEL JACK GOLD/RED REAN 

1 X 530-111-2223-001 / Ground Binding Post Nickel 

2 X AD797ANZ-ND / OPAMP GP 110MHZ ULDIST 8DIP 

2 X LME49990MA-5/NOPB-ND / OPAMP AUDIO LOW NOISE 8SOIC

is in the mafia

• 2 weeks later...

Got a pair of Paradigm Atom bookshelf speakers. Demo'd them at a local store, compared them to the Focal 705's and the sound was oh so much better with the kinds of music I'm going to be listening to. It's my first pair of speakers I've ever owned that weren't free, hand-me-down floorstanding speakers from the 80's/90's. They sound SO GOOD. Partnered with some real speaker wire that was thrown in for free, and the Marantz PM5004 and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon I bought earlier this year, this shit sounds incredible!

I just scooped a fabulous piece of turntable history. A Sears Electronics multi changer made by BSR, just like the one I used to stack KISS records on in the mid-late 70's. Came armed with the classic 'Genuine Diamond LP stylus' and works great… except for one thing: the auto return doesn't automatically return because the needle doesn't lock into that inner return groove of most records. Tips would be greatly appreciated...

This is for stacking up crap vinyl for extended sonic ambience… 

I just scooped a fabulous piece of turntable history. A Sears Electronics multi changer made by BSR, just like the one I used to stack KISS records on in the mid-late 70's. Came armed with the classic 'Genuine Diamond LP stylus' and works great… except for one thing: the auto return doesn't automatically return because the needle doesn't lock into that inner return groove of most records. Tips would be greatly appreciated...

This is for stacking up crap vinyl for extended sonic ambience… 

Probably needs some lubrication, lots of mechanics in there, those BSR decks might not have been the latest word in sonic excellence but they were pretty bullet proof.

Mind you I bet it still sounds better than a lot of the plastic crap about today and looks a lot better as well.

Not necessarily a "purchase", but I got a Polk Audio PSW10 10" subwoofer as a Christmas gift, because my dad remembered me mentioning that I wanted a subwoofer after nearly blowing my speakers. I haven't been able to add it to my set-up yet, because I'm still at home (and my set-up is two hours away), but I'm very excited to see how it sounds. The only thing I'm concerned about is the size of it, since my room is pretty small and it's a bit larger than I was expecting (I was actually talking about getting an 8" unit, but apparently he got a good deal on this one).

Not necessarily a "purchase", but I got a Polk Audio PSW10 10" subwoofer as a Christmas gift, because my dad remembered me mentioning that I wanted a subwoofer after nearly blowing my speakers. I haven't been able to add it to my set-up yet, because I'm still at home (and my set-up is two hours away), but I'm very excited to see how it sounds. The only thing I'm concerned about is the size of it, since my room is pretty small and it's a bit larger than I was expecting (I was actually talking about getting an 8" unit, but apparently he got a good deal on this one).

I recently bought the same one and it was a lot bigger than I was expecting but sounds pretty good

Just bought a Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp. I've been running my Rega TT through to my Onkyo 807 AVR and decided to find out what I've been missing for real 'stereo'. Boy, I thought music was pretty good before, it's not even on the same level now. I also just spend decent $ on a Heed Quasar phono pre and THAT was a huge improvement also on my Cambridge Audio 640p. Records are sound absolutely stunning now!

Picked up a Yamaha YP-D6 direct drive turntable and a Onkyo TX 4500 receiver from a local place. Paid probably what they are worth, but given the area we live in I think we did alright. It isn't the kind of place where you would come across this kind of hardware often. I gave them to my dad and he loves them. There is a new cartridge in the mail too. I am seriously jealous of the receiver, I'd love to replace my NAD 304 amp.

Dynavector-20x2L arrived on Friday and I have to say I'm very impressed so far, my RL- Zep II never sounded so good,same goes for my UK, PF-Animals.A very revealing addition to my set-up,not that it's so much better than the 20x2 high output cart it replaced but I'm hearing parts of the music that weren't there before.

I realized that I hadn't updated my last purchase on this forum for some reason.  By far one of my best investments in HiFi since I started...

Been living with my new speakers for the last 2.5 months.  A sonic dream of a speaker!  

The Marten Design Bird 2 speakers from Sweden.  All Accuton drivers including their new diamond tweeter that goes up to 100KHz in extension.  

http://marten.se/heritage/bird2.htm

I've reconfigured my room since this picture was last taken, but these are the new speakers...

900x900px-LL-e9f885df_10241204154_579c38

EDIT: Looks like I had already posted about current set up here:  http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/17682-post-your-set-up-thread/?p=1662656

I realized that I hadn't updated my last purchase on this forum for some reason.  By far one of my best investments in HiFi since I started...

Been living with my new speakers for the last 2.5 months.  A sonic dream of a speaker!  

The Marten Design Bird 2 speakers from Sweden.  All Accuton drivers including their new diamond tweeter that goes up to 100KHz in extension.  

http://marten.se/heritage/bird2.htm

I've reconfigured my room since this picture was last taken, but these are the new speakers...

900x900px-LL-e9f885df_10241204154_579c38

EDIT: Looks like I had already posted about current set up here:  http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/17682-post-your-set-up-thread/?p=1662656

Holy shit, that looks....huge! :o May I ask what you've paid for the speakers?

Nice to see one of my favorite 3 releases of 2013 (SW-The Raven...) on the pic! Good choice! :)

Holy shit, that looks....huge! :o May I ask what you've paid for the speakers?

Nice to see one of my favorite 3 releases of 2013 (SW-The Raven...) on the pic! Good choice! :)

I love Steven Wilson :)  One of my favorite artists.  Thanks!  What other prog. rock stuff do you like?  Just fishing for some more suggestions :)

The Marten Bird 2 are $36k out the door.

You'll never afford them that way. Good choices and hard work. That's how.

It starts with a wish, turns into a desire, then turns into planning and finally moves into execution.  Its interesting...

I went to CES 2014 and the SHOW at Las Vegas this last week to see what else is out there... 

It turns out that I've made a smashing good choice with the Marten Bird 2 speakers.  I knew that when I bought them, but this 5 day CES experience just nailed it in.  I checked out MOST of the big names and offerings in a similar price range.

I'm pretty much set for the long haul unless I win the lottery ;)

Next purchase will be a second amplifier so I can run my amplification as monoblocks...all in due time.