What's your latest purchase?

I've never liked Grados.

For the same price of the DL110 you can get a Ortofon 2M Blue, which I think is one of the best ~$200 carts. Very versatile. Had one for 3 years and loved it.

Also, MM only? I know the 110 is HOMC... so it can go with an MM pre... but...

It's either end of the spectrum for Grados as well as the 2M blue. I wish I could hear them in person before pulling the trigger, since half of the people prefer one and hate the other.

People are poison. Honestly, buy em on Amazon and use that 30 day return. What pre are you using?

All personal preference. So reading can be as dangerous as helpful.

Well the thing is the MMF 2.2 has such fragile wires that I'm afraid to install the cart myself. If I buy from my local shop they will do it for free. I'm obviously limited to what they have in Stock though. I think I'm going to go tomorrow and see what they have. And my pre is a MM (Cambridge 551p to be exact). I might upgrade to a MM/MC model, maybe.

Just a thought, but your local shop would probably be willing to order the cart of your choice if they don't stock it. They just want your monies.

;)

Ah that's a good point. I'll ask about that. I've never been to this shop before cause I just moved here. Ill pay them a visit and see what's up. I think it's the only one in richmond, that I could find at least.

Picked up a pair of Sonus Faber Venere 3.0's. Woo! Got a crazy deal on some floor models. Having an issue with one of the tweeters though. Got some warranty shit in the works, but at least I can vouch for Sonus Faber's tech support dept. Dude got me diagnosed over the phone and had a replacement part on the way in about 20 minutes. Pretty rad considering they're floor models! I'll post some pics once everything's all straightened out.

I think I'm going to give the 2m blue a shot, give it some burn in, and see how I like it.

Check in once you've put it in service for a while, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm nowhere near needing to replace my cart yet, since it's only about 2 months old, but I think when it's time I might make the jump up from Red to Blue.

Check in once you've put it in service for a while, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm nowhere near needing to replace my cart yet, since it's only about 2 months old, but I think when it's time I might make the jump up from Red to Blue.

Will do, bud.

_

And it sucks, when going to back to forums with posts dated to just a few years ago you can see how all carts have gone up in price.

I went to our Bi annual HiFi jumble last weekend. Moaned a lot about the prices, couldn't find a lot to buy but still spent some money.

There was a club stand offloading a shed load of B&O for no money and although one of the traders got there way quicker than me I did pick up a bit, a Beogram 3000 turntable, a Beocenter 7005 and a beocenter 4000.

I also picked up a nice Grace cartridge and some ribbon tweeters for a project.

The only real bargain of the day was on the way home though as I picked up a Goodmans badged and plinthed Lenco GL75 in a very 70's looking white.

Behold the 70's grooviness of this Swiss/British hybrid.

DSCF1001_zpshpjx5l5h.jpg

Just upgraded my Ortofon Red to the Blue. I had been really happy with the red but wanted to try something new. One record in and I'm already blown away by the improvement in bass and overall clarity. Can't wait to really break this thing in.

I heard the sweet spot kicks in at about 200-300 hours, and then really gets going. Can't wait to get mine on Monday.