What's your latest purchase?

52 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

[insert appropriate gif here]

Duuuude....

And to think, I was going to write about how I got a nice little upgrade cable for me Shure SE215 IEMs...

And I just bought all your albums including the vinyl :)  Keep up the good work!! 

Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

1 hour ago, shaizada said:

And I just bought all your albums including the vinyl :)  Keep up the good work!! 

Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

Thanks!

And I'm also a little worried how my music will sound on $100K worth of equipment. You'll probably hear my fridge making ice in the background.

48 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Thanks!

And I'm also a little worried how my music will sound on $100K worth of equipment. You'll probably hear my fridge making ice in the background.

It's definitely a special listening experience, but other than pure resolution, what the setup does is present the music almost JUST as the artist intended.  Body, tone, textures, details are all fleshed out really.  Very addictive and its not really about cost.  It's about attaining proximity to the sound in one's head.  I am sure ALL your music will come through!  If you are ever around Southern California, you are welcome for a listen.

On 15/07/2016 at 1:46 AM, shaizada said:

It's definitely a special listening experience, but other than pure resolution, what the setup does is present the music almost JUST as the artist intended.  Body, tone, textures, details are all fleshed out really.  Very addictive and its not really about cost.  It's about attaining proximity to the sound in one's head.  I am sure ALL your music will come through!  If you are ever around Southern California, you are welcome for a listen.

I take it that Helius arms are a winner then? And I still think you need to go suspended sub chassis in the turntable department but that's just because I'm biased. Either way that really is some weak at the knee's equipment you have there.

7 hours ago, allenh said:

I take it that Helius arms are a winner then? And I still think you need to go suspended sub chassis in the turntable department but that's just because I'm biased. Either way that really is some weak at the knee's equipment you have there.

The Helius Omega is DEFINITELY a winner.  I am ordering a new black Helius Omega (Copper version) to go with the new table.  The 2nd tonearm will be a Kuzma 4 Point.  A third tonearm in a standalone pod will be the Schroder Reference.  

1 hour ago, shaizada said:

The Helius Omega is DEFINITELY a winner.  I am ordering a new black Helius Omega (Copper version) to go with the new table.  The 2nd tonearm will be a Kuzma 4 Point.  A third tonearm in a standalone pod will be the Schroder Reference.  

Kuzma now that's my other favourite tonearm manufacturer, Can't fault your taste in tonearms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2016 at 4:44 PM, shaizada said:

Ok....MAJOR MAJOR update from my side!  Even I'm weak in the knees this time around :)

All items are on order and were finalized on July 12th.  So let's see how long it all takes to get in and setup.

1)  The EAR Discmaster. This is a dream level table for me...

http://www.needledoctor.com/EAR-Disc-Master-Turntable

ear-usa1.jpg

2) The EAR Acute 4 Transport and EAR Dac 4.  Delivery in 4 ~ 6 weeks.
http://www.earyoshino.com/Dac4/
http://www.earyoshino.com/Acute4/

gh4ear-acute4sacd-final.jpg

3) Last and final upgrade, and the biggest one yet.  The Marten Coltrane Tenor loudspeakers

https://www.marten.se/coltrane/tenor.htm

tenor.jpg

file-194.jpg

NG4_Newport_Marten_1.jpg

I've never made such large purchases in one shot in my life...so its a big one for me.  I normally spread it all out, but just didn't do it this time.  Long story behind why, but regardless...all three items ordered.  Now the wait begins...

Any updates?

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

And? No reviews?

I'm speechless....no words to say really.  The system is one with the artists intention with no electronic hinderance or interference.  Tonal saturation, transient attacks, imaging cues, soundstage...its all rather meaningless at this point.  U r lost in the music with zero fatigue, emerging refreshed and ready for whatever the world throws at you.

Something more to be experienced rather than discussed on a forum :)  I wish everyone can get their sonic nirvana...its a worthy chase and goal.

48 minutes ago, shaizada said:

Something more to be experienced rather than discussed on a forum :)  I wish everyone can get their sonic nirvana...its a worthy chase and goal.

Yes but are the bank manager suicides it causes along the way worth it.

And you know you haven't reached sonic nirvana really, it's one of those mythical unattainable things so give it a couple of months and something else shiny will catch your eye, you know I'm right.

4 hours ago, allenh said:

Yes but are the bank manager suicides it causes along the way worth it.

And you know you haven't reached sonic nirvana really, it's one of those mythical unattainable things so give it a couple of months and something else shiny will catch your eye, you know I'm right.

No need for another month :)

I just picked up another new turntable play with.  It should arrive in a week or two:

28662088881_c45025fdc2_b.jpg

Redpoint Model D, Triplanar VII Tonearm, Ikeda IT-407CR1 12" version, another Helius Silver Ruby, Dynavector XV-1T cartridge, Transfiguration Orpheus L cartridge, HRS M3 Base and a Siltech Lake Compass tonearm cable.  

And its an interesting color to boot!  Right now, I don't care much for the color, but it might grow on me when I get it.  If not, I'll take it to a local shop and get it some nice automotive color.  Maybe a white or grey or black...might be fun!

Edited by shaizada

On August 4, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Tibbz said:

Bought my first record player a few weeks ago:  Technics SL-1200Mk2 :)

Unfortunately it's only hooked up to some old Technics home hi-fi amp/eq and speakers, but it sounds decent enough to me for now :)

Sorry dude, we peasants must vacate the thread as it is currently reserved for purchases going well into the 5-figure price range at least

Edited by yanquiuxo

2 hours ago, yanquiuxo said:

Sorry dude, we peasants must vacate the thread as it is currently reserved for purchases going well into the 5-figure price range at least

Just looking through, it's ridiculous :o

It's a miracle I found an SL-1200 within my budget, I'm not sure I'll ever earn enough to buy some of these here!