What's your latest purchase?

I have a Cambridge Audio 640P,in the box,with all packing, manual....$160 to your door.

Tempting. The dude wants me to come pick up two items from him that were part of the deal that he couldn't find at the time today, the Marantz remote's AC plug for the charging base, and an older Sony pre-amp that has a phono input. He is suggesting me to hook my table up to the Sony pre-amp and then plug the Sony pre-amp into one of the Tape inputs on the Marantz. Would this even work? 

Would you be open to a trade? I have a nice NAD pre-amp I would be willing to trade for that Cambridge.

Why are you collecting gear?

I'm testing out different sounds. I always hear that different manufacturers have different sounds, so I'm trying to see what I like best. The rest of it will be used to build a set-up for my dad for Father's Day and a set-up for my girlfriend who is showing interest in vinyl.  

I may or may not have found a Pioneer Sx-980 at a estate sale today. It functions well except that the left channel is kinda fucked up in stereo, so I'm guessing I'm going to have to take it in to a pro.

But still, a fucking Sx-980...

Score! I missed out on a SX-1980 last month that went for $250. I was majorly bummed.