Mallcore records

kouka

Youth are allowed to have terrible tastes for a bit. It develops character, and allows you to obtain appreciation and scope on how far you've (hopefully) come, years down the road. Cheers for supporting your daughter. I'd just avoid any pricey purchases, really.

I can somewhat contribute here. I'm 38, and my oldest (who is 2 years older than teenage eric) is into La Dispute, Bayside, Converge, Brand New, The Wonder Years, Thrice, most of topshelf, runforcover, and nosleep bands. I'm very proud that I can help steer him in this direction. Where we live, it's all about mainstream, so I like to think I've done a pretty good job. :) Yes, this is somewhat off topic, but it could very easily turn into a thread about the age of your kid and what their musical taste is.

My friends 13 year old is into Mallcore too. When I told her I knew all the bands she was talking about she was amazed. I then told her I would gift her a copy of Black Flag's Damaged on cd and it has expanded her into much better punk from the past. The Angst of Rollins will always prevail. 

Good Luck man, a couple of those bands make me cringe but then again so do many that I dug at that age. 

I agree wholeheartedly.. And yes, I don't want to buy any of this stuff new, so if I can can find it used, she'd be stoked to get it.

c'mon folks, sell me your Hot Topic collections.

I think you'd have better luck asking people on here for their eyeballs, to be honest.

Youth are allowed to have terrible tastes for a bit. It develops character, and allows you to obtain appreciation and scope on how far you've (hopefully) come, years down the road. Cheers for supporting your daughter. I'd just avoid any pricey purchases, really.

This.

Let me know if you're interested in any of the following (even though they really are left or right of the mark you're going for...):

Adema - Insomniac's Dream

A whole bunch of Lady Gaga 7" picture disc singles, The Fame/The Fame Monster era

Though it's probably a little fucked up to give either of those to a 13 year old, haha.

I can somewhat contribute here. I'm 38, and my oldest (who is 2 years older than teenage eric) is into La Dispute, Bayside, Converge, Brand New, The Wonder Years, Thrice, most of topshelf, runforcover, and nosleep bands. I'm very proud that I can help steer him in this direction. Where we live, it's all about mainstream, so I like to think I've done a pretty good job. :) Yes, this is somewhat off topic, but it could very easily turn into a thread about the age of your kid and what their musical taste is.

That's so cool! I thought you were like 20 haha.