PO: Real Friends - Everyone That Dragged You Here 12"

Lol that would suck but I could certainly see it happening, they don't hit detroit til 5/4 so that better not happen to me.

That's what happened with the IIOI 52 Weeks. Delayed for several months, but they expedited shipping for the tour press. Could have bought the tour press but just ended up waiting.

Seemed that way to me, too. I had posted on their Facebook wall to see what's up and was puzzled at their reply.

ah, just went to their page and saw their reply.  i'm gonna assume they're waiting on getting them to ship.  if they set it as a march release I'm assuming they had a test before they made that estimate

we never start a pre-order without test pressings approved. we learned that lesson the hard way, once. haha

we're still waiting on a ship date from the plant, but as soon as we've got records, we'll be posting about it and will begin shipping.

we've been a little quiet with news because there's none to report. there's no sense keeping people super up to date when all there is to say is that we don't have a date yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So are we still sitting at "no news"?

An update on your facebook page saying exactly what you said above would at least calm people's nerves a little.

Obviously I don't press records or deal with plants, but I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to give you a shipping date for a product that has already been paid for?

Still stoked though... Whenever it may arrive.

So are we still sitting at "no news"?

An update on your facebook page saying exactly what you said above would at least calm people's nerves a little.

Obviously I don't press records or deal with plants, but I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to give you a shipping date for a product that has already been paid for?

Still stoked though... Whenever it may arrive.

read that sentence back to yourself.

(the first part) is exactly why (the second part).

we're gonna have more details very soon.

read that sentence back to yourself.

(the first part) is exactly why (the second part).

we're gonna have more details very soon.

I've read it back and I may have been a bit loose with the details. It would probably make more sense if I asked Why can't you ring up the plant and ask when / where your records are?

We're just excited is all.

I've read it back and I may have been a bit loose with the details. It would probably make more sense if I asked Why can't you ring up the plant and ask when / where your records are?

We're just excited is all.

if you think we haven't been on the phone with the plant every, you're nuts. haha

the reason i can't get an exact date they're going to be done is because they're one plant pressing and assembling thousands of records.

it's not as easy as you think to coordinate ONE vinyl release, let alone the 4 we currently have out at press, and forget about the thousands they're currently pressing.

record store day is another factor.big budget records with strict deadlines take precedence over labels like BN. that's just a fact we have to deal with. we hoped we'd beat the rush here, but alas, we didn't. 

so when i say "i don't know exactly when they're coming," i mean it. and again, as soon as i do know, the people who ordered will know.

if you think we haven't been on the phone with the plant every, you're nuts. haha

the reason i can't get an exact date they're going to be done is because they're one plant pressing and assembling thousands of records.

it's not as easy as you think to coordinate ONE vinyl release, let alone the 4 we currently have out at press, and forget about the thousands they're currently pressing.

record store day is another factor.big budget records with strict deadlines take precedence over labels like BN. that's just a fact we have to deal with. we hoped we'd beat the rush here, but alas, we didn't.

so when i say "i don't know exactly when they're coming," i mean it. and again, as soon as i do know, the people who ordered will know.

Thanks for taking time to reply to people man. A little bit of communication goes a long way. That being said, anyone that preordered a record around this time that didnt anticipate at least the chance of a delay was fooling themselves.

Thanks for the reply going into a little bit more detail! :)

As I say, I (and most likely other people) don't know anything about releasing vinyl, so what may seem like common knowledge to you as a record label, is not common knowledge to us as the consumer.

Well, looks like I'm late to the party. Is Banquet pretty much my only option for now? Can we expect this to be available at other distros that are based out of the US? (SRC, Interpunk).

Banquet Records' pressing is apparently delayed until June because of RSD. I keep getting emails asking if that's affecting the BN pressing.

Distros in the US will have our pressing, and we may have some copies left to sell once we get orders shipped.