Scott, i'll go if i'm off that evening. mainly because i want to go see the night show. birdwell will probably be in town with Man or astroman? we can have a retake of 2 years ago. lol.

3arl: you should see where Frank Turner played like 4 years ago. talk about tiny. place was the size of a closet. the club literally was to capacity at 50 people.  

Red 7 is so fucking tiny

We're taking over both stages (indoor and outdoor), and I think the total capacity is 800 (300 inside, 500 outside). We used to do the party at Emo's, which let us have three stages (shit, we had four stages until that Mexican restaurant moved in on the corner of Red River and 6th), but then Emo's shut down so this is the best we've been able to find since then. You guys have no idea how expensive it is to rent a venue for a party at SXSW. It's damn near extortion.

We're taking over both stages (indoor and outdoor), and I think the total capacity is 800 (300 inside, 500 outside). We used to do the party at Emo's, which let us have three stages (shit, we had four stages until that Mexican restaurant moved in on the corner of Red River and 6th), but then Emo's shut down so this is the best we've been able to find since then. You guys have no idea how expensive it is to rent a venue for a party at SXSW. It's damn near extortion.

You should've rented a house on Rainey St. That shit was fun last SXSW

i set up a showcase in 2010 for a company i was working for...the money they spent was absolutely INSANE. it was right on $ixth street.

yeah, emos and any other club pretty much raises the rates for any sxsw party. the hotels will gouge you too. they usually go up about 100% during sxsw. it's nuts.

ok, who wants to hang out? i'm gonna see what i can get off. probably be available friday night for sure. maybe saturday too. we'll see.

yeah, emos and any other club pretty much raises the rates for any sxsw party. the hotels will gouge you too. they usually go up about 100% during sxsw. it's nuts.

ok, who wants to hang out? i'm gonna see what i can get off. probably be available friday night for sure. maybe saturday too. we'll see.

ill basically be living on 6th, rainey and 7th for a few days....we should hang. 

I'll be there, let's do food/drinks sometime that week.  my buddy and I are getting in town Sunday before, heading to San Antonio Monday to go watch Frank and see some friends, coming back to Austin on Tuesday and will be there until Sunday morning.  As Mike mentioned, I might be working for Man, or Astro-Man? at some point that week, not 100% sure yet, nor am I sure when/where they're even playing at.  Also I have insanely high blood pressure and cholesterol now so I'm damn-near vegetarian (which is fucking LAME as shit), but since it's basically a vacation type deal I'm probably going to cheat a little bit.

who's got some inside info on some killer unannounced shows thusfar???  who wants to get me into parties I'm not supposed to get into???  who wants to get me into those artist areas where they get loads of free schwag???

Sounds like a blast of a show, I'll be making the short trek up there from San Antonio for the while weekend. I might hit you up Latin, only if my plans don't unfold as i hope they do

San Antonio expat in Santa Barbara here!  Really missing the SA music scene.  I'm trying my hardest to make it to SXSW this year.  Haven't missed one in 5 years!