THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

lazylabrador has some test pressings up for bid, after having them for BIN for like $300 for a couple of years. There is a mae test press that's still at $20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mae-Destination-Beautiful-Vinyl-LP-Test-Press-Test-Pressing-/381972933036?hash=item58ef5c69ac:g:JgoAAOSwFNZWuAx6

also there is a fall of troy and dustin kensure ending today too.

15 hours ago, LeeKaye said:

I can't remember exactly, but I've heard there are one or two killer games for it that make it worth buying for those alone.

So many good games. The fighting games available for it alone are worth it.

2 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Powerstone 2 being one of them.

Yuuuuuup.

6 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

That's just ridiculous. Last one sold 6 months ago for no more than $121.15

Who is going to pay $7000???

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they meant $70.00 and forgot the decimal. Or maybe not since the rest of their store is ridiculously priced.

6 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

That's just ridiculous. Last one sold 6 months ago for no more than $121.15

Who is going to pay $7000???

19 minutes ago, dnl said:

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they meant $70.00 and forgot the decimal. Or maybe not since the rest of their store is ridiculously priced.

guys, they have make an offer enabled. lots of people do absurd prices that no one would ever pay in order to test the waters on an offer.

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

guys, they have make an offer enabled. lots of people do absurd prices that no one would ever pay in order to test the waters on an offer.

true, but, then again, one can make an offer on every single item for sale on discogs -- irrespective of whether offers are 'enabled.'

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

not really. sure you can send a message, but if you make an offer with it enabled, you are bound to it.

well, yeah...if an offer is made officially, then the buyer becomes bound (btw, having to wait up to five days for a response from a seller is absurd).  

in any event, my point was that offers can always be made on every item on eBay or on discogs -- by sending them via messages.  unless time is of the essence (e.g. a great price that would catch the attention of anyone who's in the market for a given item), it's almost foolish not to inquire with an offer before buying the item at the seller's list price.  the worst response one could receive is: 'no, not accepting offers...'

3 hours ago, jrodan said:

Sorry but there's no good reason for setting prices like that. Whoever thinks like that is a bit off. When I see a price like this I immediately think "fuck off." I'm not even interested in dealing with a seller. Especially when you see the other items the seller has where offers aren't available. They're crazy too. It tells me the seller can't be serious about selling his records for reasonable prices so why would I even waste time dealing with them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 4:04 PM, Peateargriffin said:

I'm just gonna leave this here.

I know I'm late to the party, but oh lordy was this a doozy to watch. My girlfriend and I took bets on which albums she would put out with the description she gave before it. I knew the Lana Del Rey would definitely be in there somewhere.

36 minutes ago, andy. said:

I know I'm late to the party, but oh lordy was this a doozy to watch. My girlfriend and I took bets on which albums she would put out with the description she gave before it. I knew the Lana Del Rey would definitely be in there somewhere.

I mean...it's in the thumbnail, but yeah Lana Del Rey was a gimmie. 

22 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Can't believe the prices these are selling for.  Signed up to get one personally, but at nearly $300 prices...it's getting hard not to list.