THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

18 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Can't believe the prices these are selling for.  Signed up to get one personally, but at nearly $300 prices...it's getting hard not to list.

I'm assuming these prices will crash when the hype dies off.

People are asking more for the VMP than they are for the original. I have an original and it sounds phenomenal. I swear, people just want the pretty colors when they buy vinyl. No one even knows how good (or bad) the new press sounds. Could be a defective press filled with nonfill etc. It's a gamble at this point to pay anything over the sticker price.

Edited by vinyl addict

7 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I'm assume ng these prices will crash when the hype dies off.

People are asking more for the VMP than they are for the original. I have an original and it sounds phenomenal. I swear, people just want the pretty colors when they buy vinyl. No one even knows how good (or bad) the new press sounds. Could be a defective press filled with nonfill etc. It's a gamble at this point to pay anything over the sticker price.

That's absolutely the case. Seems like a lot of people are more concerned with the rarity of their pressing vs. the actual music, which you can't play anyway when it's in a frame.  

1 minute ago, aopps42 said:

That's absolutely the case. Seems like a lot of people are more concerned with the rarity of their pressing vs. the actual music, which you can't play anyway when it's in a frame.  

Well, if the numbers are true, sounds like they pressed way more of the new red. So that's just one more reason these people are fools for paying those prices.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The Q&A on that listing is interesting to read, as well.  I thought this was originally a vinyl record...he says it came in CD form.  Not sure what's up with the discrepancy?

no discrepancy. it has always been a cd. not sure where you got the vinyl part, but every article from when it first popped up said it was a cd.