vinyljunkie

THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

11 hours ago, Ranch Cat said:

I could've sworn I read that it was a one of a kind vinyl record. I saw the CD and was very confused.

I think you're confusing it with the OST for Sinbad's genie movie, which was 100% vinyl only. 

18 hours ago, dutchflowers said:

fwiw.. I also thought it was a vinyl record and not a CD. It must have been mentioned that way somewhere way back but whatever. Insane situation either way. I hope a Nigerian Prince wins the auction. 

I also was 100% under the impression it was a LP. He probably rip it. His discription is very vague. No wonder  he's willing to pay $25,000 for legal fees. He's all ready for a lawsuit. 

I cant imagine he's honestly expecting a smooth transaction. 

7 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Didn't he pay $2,000,000 for this?  Also, if one were to buy the album aren't they the sole owner of all the rights to the music?  Someone could just buy it and press it and  make their money back easily

he was supposed to do this but never did it, and yes, that is the idea.

2 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

They are gonna tour the album to museums and shit? That music will most certainly be online within a few weeks.

I know it mentions you can only listen through earphones, but who is in charge of it 24/7?

Will it?  It came out 3 years ago and no leaks yet....

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Will it?  It came out 3 years ago and no leaks yet....

As far as I know, it's been locked up somewhere. It certainly hasn't had a US tour where people can listen to it on headphones.

Anyway, to answer your question...

Yes

Edited by vinyl addict

3 hours ago, floyd_z said:

Didn't he pay $2,000,000 for this?  Also, if one were to buy the album aren't they the sole owner of all the rights to the music?  Someone could just buy it and press it and  make their money back easily

" A legal agreement with the purchaser states it cannot be commercially exploited until 2103, although it can be released for free or played during listening parties."

On 7/27/2017 at 9:39 AM, bridley said:

Because sometimes we need some happy Ebay craziness to remind us that deals exist when you look frequently enough:

$24 BIN and free shipping.

So this worked out pretty well. Sleeve and vinyl were a bit grimey, but played remarkably well other than a little click for a few rotations on side b.

Also, in the same spirit of my initial message, I seem to have a knack for landing 2003 Vagrant emo at good deals: In Reverie, $20 BIN, $4 shipping. Hopefully condition is as good as described.

Deals exist if you're a deadbeat and can check ebay frequently.

Edited by bridley

2 hours ago, bridley said:

Also, in the same spirit of my initial message, I seem to have a knack for landing 2003 Vagrant emo at good deals: In Reverie, $20 BIN, $4 shipping. Hopefully condition is as good as described.

Deals exist if you're a deadbeat and can check ebay frequently.

This is such a good deal