Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

May deserve its own thread, but it looks like MOV are pressing The Real Thing shortly on very pretty green vinyl. No release date yet.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/93511/Faith_No_More-The_Real_Thing-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

AMOV_886__93511__08072013115307-3955.jpg

180 GRAM VINYL/FIRST 2500 COPIES NUMBERED & LIMITED

Release date: 27.09.2013

• 2 weeks later...

Did Amazon originally list Angel Dust as black vinyl? I thought they did. Just checked and now it doesn't and people are still receiving blue.

AOTY states (black vinyl) in the listing. With 2000 copies I really hope Amazon got a lot of them!

Yes they did. I ordered it and got a second blue copy because of them. I complained and they changed the description.

Then:

2013-08-27_1356.png

Now: 

2013-08-27_1357.png

Just a heads up too, AOTY appears to be from a completely new master. Mouth To Mouth has an altered intro and the whole thing seems ultra clear - but there is a lot of surface noise, which personally I can live with as it's a hard rock album and the quiet portions of the album are not so common. I have not given it a detailed listen, but listened to it twice and liked it.

Yes they did. I ordered it and got a second blue copy because of them. I complained and they changed the description.

Then:

2013-08-27_1356.png

Now: 

2013-08-27_1357.png

Have you got a copy already?

Just a heads up too, AOTY appears to be from a completely new master. Mouth To Mouth has an altered intro and the whole thing seems ultra clear - but there is a lot of surface noise, which personally I can live with as it's a hard rock album and the quiet portions of the album are not so common. I have not given it a detailed listen, but listened to it twice and liked it.

Are you saying King for a Day is the worst FNM?  That is just lunacy.

I agree and KFAD will be out on MOV very soon I suspect. Late Sept, early Oct.

You're still wrong.

Indeed.

Worst Patton album? Peeping TOM, Adult Themes, Delirium Cordia, Oddfellows, Suspended Animation, Lovage, Annonymous... too many to list.

Seems like ETR should scrap that idea and scramble for a KFAD

We are scrapping it, things took way too long with the lyric gatefold approval and it seems MOV beat us to it so shit happens. The gold variant looks real nice so will try to pick that up myself. I assume MOV got the rights to their whole catalog since that is generally what they do so i figure they will do a KFAD re-issue soon also

We are scrapping it, things took way too long with the lyric gatefold approval and it seems MOV beat us to it so shit happens. The gold variant looks real nice so will try to pick that up myself. I assume MOV got the rights to their whole catalog since that is generally what they do so i figure they will do a KFAD re-issue soon also

Sorry to hear about you guys scrapping your AOTY. I'd rather not support MOV, but if that's my only option, I'll go with it.

Well that sucks, I was planning on picking both of them up.