The Brand New Thread

• 2 weeks later...

i've seen brand new twice. coming from someone who has been a fan for almost a decade...i can honestly say i wasn't impressed with either show. in fact, i remember when they played with glassjaw during their tour for daisy over at nassau colesium. i was at a bar for the after party waiting for everyone to get out of the show...people ended up leaving early and showing up at the bar saying jesse sounded like shit. the show i saw in huntington, long island in november like 2 years ago...jesse sounded like shit. i saw them again at riot fest in chicago this year and guess what?...jesse sounded like shit.

can anyone honestly say brand new sounds good live? i'd say instrumentally they are usually spot on live but jesse's voice lacks everytime.

i've seen brand new twice. coming from someone who has been a fan for almost a decade...i can honestly say i wasn't impressed with either show. in fact, i remember when they played with glassjaw during their tour for daisy over at nassau colesium. i was at a bar for the after party waiting for everyone to get out of the show...people ended up leaving early and showing up at the bar saying jesse sounded like shit. the show i saw in huntington, long island in november like 2 years ago...jesse sounded like shit. i saw them again at riot fest in chicago this year and guess what?...jesse sounded like shit.

can anyone honestly say brand new sounds good live? i'd say instrumentally they are usually spot on live but jesse's voice lacks everytime.

I saw them twice around the Deja era. One show in a small club where Senses Fail opened for them and then once when they played before Dashboard at a bigger venue; I thought they sounded damn good all-around in both cases. 

I saw them twice around the Deja era. One show in a small club where Senses Fail opened for them and then once when they played before Dashboard at a bigger venue; I thought they sounded damn good all-around in both cases. 

and it's very possible jesse sounded better back then but lately it sounds like his voice just isn't making it.

i've seen them 20 times. almost entirely from 06-09. there was one time when i was less than pleased with jesse's performance.

• 8 months later...