(buyer beware) some lps for sale - converge/brand new/nofx /snapcase/blink ect

So let me get this straight, you have no ebay account, no dead format list, no discogs account, etc. You are coming in here expecting people to believe that you are legit but you don't do anything to prove you are for real. It's super easy to provide proof that you at least own some of these records, like Victim said...take out a few of those records, write your user name on a piece of paper and take a picture

Nobody will believe you even if some new rudolphs give you feedback. The majority of us here will not believe you unless you get feedback from respected memebers who will back you up.

So stop putting things off and actually prove that you are for real. Until that happens, the following is what we will all think of you..

0wAdQ2P.gif

yeah him! wasn't he posing as like jenny182 or some shit?

yup! I'll admit, he got me. but, he did send a pic with the username on a piece of paper. oh well... got my money back no problem. I did feel kinda bad for the dude who allowed Andrew to use his paypal to complete the transactions though... I bet that was a real mess for him.

brock the only way i can prove anything is complete transactions . selling lps before a few weeks ago was something i wouldnt do but money problems happen and fuck ebay they are nazis. i have sold 20 or so on craigslist and a friend said this would be a good place to sell . so once i have some transactions completed around mid week the doubting can cease.

They buy them from record stores/distros/shows, like people did before the internet/paypal was a thing?

I understand that, but really? not a single eBay purchase? several of those variants are web-exclusive variants... and I'm finding it hard to believe that you could buy 400 records without a single one coming from eBay or discogs. or here. or dead format. or anywhere else that leaves a "trail" of feedback.

especially since, from the buyers perspective, eBay is even more safe that ordering direct from the label. not to mention how much cheaper a lot of stuff can be found on there.

but hey, maybe there are those who don't mind paying retail for every release plus sales tax.

sorry for disrupting your thread... back to your scamming. :-)

I understand that, but really? not a single eBay purchase? several of those variants are web-exclusive variants... and I'm finding it hard to believe that you could buy 400 records without a single one coming from eBay or discogs. or here. or dead format. or anywhere else that leaves a "trail" of feedback.

especially since, from the buyers perspective, eBay is even more safe that ordering direct from the label. not to mention how much cheaper a lot of stuff can be found on there.

but hey, maybe there are those who don't mind paying retail for every release plus sales tax.

sorry for disrupting your thread... back to your scamming. :-)

I see where you are coming from and do agree this thread is shady but at the same time I am in the same boat as this guy.  I have never sold on ebay/discogs/deadformat, I do have ebay feedback for me as a buyer but I don't think that really makes me any more trustworthy as a seller.  And in the case of most of these variants, getting these from sellers on eBay would most likely be more costly then getting it from the label/retail when it was available, for other older or out of print releases I would totally agree with you though there.  I think its harder for you to understand how this person could get this collection because you rely heavily on eBay/discogs/deadformat.  Where as this person could have signed up for the fat wreck wiki thing or just bought this stuff when for list price way back when.  I am playing devil's advocate here and do not vouch for this guy in any way.  Sorry for the wall of text.

however, fuckyourusername,

1. you post in other parts of the boards besides sales/trades/wants

2. you didn't immediately start a sale thread listing rare variants/oop records

3. you aren't offended by mistrust

4. you don't write in random lower case to upper case writing, complete with misspellings and insane grammar. (sorry to international posters, but it reminds me of the oldest internet scam in history, the nigerian prince offering you millions. or he's like 14 and gives no fucks)

5. you don't have a sketchy "my paypal wasn't verified" story.

you seem game to make yourself as legit as possible.

however, fuckyourusername,

1. you post in other parts of the boards besides sales/trades/wants

2. you didn't immediately start a sale thread listing rare variants/oop records

3. you aren't offended by mistrust

4. you don't write in random lower case to upper case writing, complete with misspellings and insane grammar. (sorry to international posters, but it reminds me of the oldest internet scam in history, the nigerian prince offering you millions. or he's like 14 and gives no fucks)

5. you don't have a sketchy "my paypal wasn't verified" story.

you seem game to make yourself as legit as possible.

Touche, I hope I made it clear enough with the bolded stuff that I think buying from this guy is most likely a very bad idea.  I agree this sends up a lot of red flags.  I was just trying to make the point that just because someone doesn't have an eBay/discogs/deadformat account doesn't mean they cannot still accumulate a sizable and valuable collection.  My point wasn't that everyone should feel confident buying from this guy.  Also the fact that he doesn't like eBay but still will use Paypal is questionable too, I've heard stories of Paypal screwing people over pretty badly, they are equally as bad if not alot worse than eBay. And I have officially spent too much time in this thread, sorry to people who read my posts. 

Okay, scratch that.  I was going to roll the dice on this one until I realized that the PayPal address he gave me ([email protected]) sounded familiar.  A quick search pulled up this good old thread: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/53857-re-musicinveins11-rip-off-artist/page-27

So yeah, I'd avoid this guy.