VC Fantasy Baseball League

hey guys -- i know this is bad timing but it's probably high time for me to step away from this team. i completely forgot about it and don't think i'll have adequate time to devote to it this year. especially in light of the buy-in -- not that i'm reluctant to do so, because i'm all for it, but in light of it, it's all the more reason to step away from if i can't be fully invested.

sorry everyone! hope you're able to fill my spot.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:31 PM, chamb117 said:

hey guys -- i know this is bad timing but it's probably high time for me to step away from this team. i completely forgot about it and don't think i'll have adequate time to devote to it this year. especially in light of the buy-in -- not that i'm reluctant to do so, because i'm all for it, but in light of it, it's all the more reason to step away from if i can't be fully invested.

sorry everyone! hope you're able to fill my spot.

Sucks you won't be in it this year. What was was your team name from last season? I don't want to remove the wrong person. Thanks.

It looks like we will need a new member for this season.  If anyone is interested in joining let me know.

It looks like we will need a new member for this season.  If anyone is interested in joining let me know.

Below is who is returning and who isn't. It also states whether that person wants a buy in and.or a vinyl prize. if I have the wrong info let me know. Also, still need to hear from Lemongoat and JHook as well as find a replacement for Chamb117.

TEAM RETURN BUY IN/VINYL/BOTH
The Milwaukee Beers / brock309 Y BUY IN
BrewCrew2013 / Torts Y BOTH
Her? / Lemongoat    
JHooks Moshers / jhook    
Bad News Beers / Ian Rees Y BUY IN
Luchas Del Machos / jeffersonhowell Y  
Strangers in the Alps / chamb117 N X
The Sex Bomb-Bombers / stl_ben Y VINYL
Knackered Meerkats / sirrichardrichard Y BOTH
Alabama Thunderpussy / whoshotthefrog Y BOTH

I cap at $20 for buyin. I've never done vinyl before, not really sure I understand that part.. 

keeper rules are the same as last year, right?  you keep the player in the round minus 2 from where they were drafted?  and mid-season FA pickups start as round 12 or 15?  right?  

On 1/31/2016 at 10:53 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

league innvites have been sent

draft is 23 rounds, we will designate that any undrafted player (a player who was picked up during the season and went undrafted in the 2015 draft) will be designated as a round 15 keeper.  multiple undrafted keepers will add +1 round, so two kept players will be round 15 and 16.  If that is the round of a player you drafted who you want to keep (a player drafted in round 17+ with the -2 round penalty attached) that player will take round priority and will bounce your undrafted keeper one round back.

mike trout drafted round 17 in 2015

andrew mccutchen was undrafted

mike trout round be a round 15 keeper, andrew mccutchen would be a round 16 keeper.

let me know if anyone has any questions, we will have 5 keepers for this draft.  I will have a group email going out to everyone, please reply back to me with your team name and your 5 keepers, do not reply-all on the email.  we will designate the draft date about 1 - 2 weeks out from opening day.

this was last year

On 3/19/2017 at 3:33 AM, whoshotthefrog said:

Sucks you won't be in it this year. What was was your team name from last season? I don't want to remove the wrong person. Thanks.

:( too much going on these days

alex / stranger in the alps

Would a $20 buy in be good for everyone? We can even make the prize a gift card to Newbury Comics or some other place. Just wanted to throw that idea out there. Also, does everyone want the prize winnings to be winner take all or broken down to $150 to 1st place and $50 to 2nd place?

On 3/24/2017 at 10:05 AM, whoshotthefrog said:

I really hate to see Ben not return, but if he's adamant about not returning because of the buy-in then we need to find one more team. Anyone interested either post a message in here or PM me. Thanks.

It's all good, I'm not upset or anything.  Just been in one too many leagues with money behind them that went bad so this is just something I would prefer to sit out.  

if you really let want the cash buy in I can make it happen, but I was gonna give the winner a record tailored towards their taste probably more in the $30-50 range. But if that complicates things I can just paypal the $20 do we do that up front or when the season ends if we go that route?