On 11/12/2017 at 11:05 AM, docbronze said:

I just listened all the way through. Christ, that's good.

This is a good deal. I wish I waited. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONNY-CLARK-TRIO-1960-Time-Sessions-NEW-SEALED-2-LP-RSD-BF-Max-ROACH/232581098521?hash=item3626e9ec19:g:nFEAAOSwY~1aIIQj

9 hours ago, The Saint said:

Maybe somebody can answer this...Any recommendations on a good sounding pressing of Duke Ellington & John Coltrane? Been holding off on this gem for too long because I don't know where to look as far as solid pressings. Black vinyl too...not interested in the color reissues.

I’d go with the Analogue Productions 2LP repress. They never disappoint. 

Since I'm new here someone may already have mentioned this but, there is a great documentary film about Lee Morgan and his girlfriend Helen who shot him in 1972.  The title is "I Called Him Morgan".  Well worth seeing.  It's on most streaming sites.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 3:47 PM, TraneTime said:

Since I'm new here someone may already have mentioned this but, there is a great documentary film about Lee Morgan and his girlfriend Helen who shot him in 1972.  The title is "I Called Him Morgan".  Well worth seeing.  It's on most streaming sites.   

Thanks for this. Added to my queue! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I found this today and can't find any info on this pressing, I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, it's a Japanese pressing and isn't a gatefold.

Here is the Discogs link: https://www.discogs.com/Young-Tuxedo-Brass-Band-Ja…/…/332478

I can't find a Japanese press or a non-gatefold edition anywhere.

I'm stumped, any help?Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

@JustSchwimmer You might just want to post your Japanese version up on Discogs. Someone there might know what's up. Centre labels certainly look legit so if it's a boot it's a top quality one. Japanese pressings have a good rep. The few jazz LPs I haven't found a decent version of are Japanese (Mal Waldron's Left Alone)

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

@JustSchwimmer You might just want to post your Japanese version up on Discogs. Someone there might know what's up. Centre labels certainly look legit so if it's a boot it's a top quality one. Japanese pressings have a good rep. The few jazz LPs I haven't found a decent version of are Japanese (Mal Waldron's Left Alone)

It's also not a gatefold, every other version listed is a gatefold. 

2 hours ago, JustSchwimmer said:

So I found this today and can't find any info on this pressing, I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, it's a Japanese pressing and isn't a gatefold.

Here is the Discogs link: https://www.discogs.com/Young-Tuxedo-Brass-Band-Ja…/…/332478

I'm stumped, any help?

It's possible whoever runs this site may be able to help you

https://londonjazzcollector.wordpress.com/record-labels-guide/5-atlantic/atlantic-in-japan/

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It's possible whoever runs this site may be able to help you

https://londonjazzcollector.wordpress.com/record-labels-guide/5-atlantic/atlantic-in-japan/

Thanks, I'm really just interested to find more information...this stuff always fascinates me.

1 minute ago, JustSchwimmer said:

Thanks, I'm really just interested to find more information...this stuff always fascinates me.

Word. Yeah, that person seems pretty knowledgeable. Every now and then I get the itch to learn about something specific too. Hopefully you'll be able to get ahold of them and they're cool.

4 hours ago, JustSchwimmer said:

I'm stumped, any help?Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

If you don't like this, might be interested in a trade. I live in NO and love the  music.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:01 PM, JustSchwimmer said:

Discogs is really pretty spotty on data on stuff older than 60s rock. It's a work in progress for sure. I think they want you to load in the info if anybody has something not in there already. I have tried to load a few things in there, but the mods are so petty about the spelling, I gave up

19 hours ago, Shawn Sic said:

Discogs is really pretty spotty on data on stuff older than 60s rock. It's a work in progress for sure. I think they want you to load in the info if anybody has something not in there already. I have tried to load a few things in there, but the mods are so petty about the spelling, I gave up

I've added a few things over the years and only really got shit on the first time. That said, I still have trouble adding something to a master release which is what would have to be done in this case.

59 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've added a few things over the years and only really got shit on the first time. That said, I still have trouble adding something to a master release which is what would have to be done in this case.

Yeah the mods on Discogs are kinda assholes, i've added stuff before with clear pictures and it wasn't accepted.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I think the items I was trying to add the bands deliberately misspelled some words in the song titles. Something slang sounding, I entered it exactly like was on the record sleeve, and got tons of notices telling me to go back and change the spelling etc. It was a real PITA. In this case I think I would just list in under the American version and make a note in the sales notes, maybe double check with the buyer if it sells. Doesn't seem like there would be any money in bootlegging this, instead of say Miles Davis or Metallica so we can probably rule that out.  I am in Lousiana and this seems like dollar bin fodder, I see somebody asking 99 for one, but if you look closer it says that version 'never sold' so that's just fishing for a sucker.  The fact that the median sale price is 5-8 dollars on different versions and there are copies listed at 3 dollars is pretty telling that not a lot of people are on the lookout for this

• 1 month later...