Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still waiting for the Psychic Temple LP?  They keep saying "we should be able to ship the rest of the orders next week", but then next week comes and goes and there's no update for another month or so.  And they don't seem to be very good about returning emails either.  This is kinda ridiculous, I understand the pressing plants are out of their control, but the communication isn't.  And I'm not really interested in a coupon for me to give you more money when you haven't sent me the last thing I paid you for!

22 hours ago, hammertime said:

Is anyone still waiting for the Psychic Temple LP?  They keep saying "we should be able to ship the rest of the orders next week", but then next week comes and goes and there's no update for another month or so.  And they don't seem to be very good about returning emails either.  This is kinda ridiculous, I understand the pressing plants are out of their control, but the communication isn't.  And I'm not really interested in a coupon for me to give you more money when you haven't sent me the last thing I paid you for!

I'm still waiting on mine too.

I haven't emailed them about it yet, but usually they are pretty good about getting back to me about other things. Only thing is they only have customer service reps in on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

edit: And I just saw that my VIP edition of the new Big Business is finally out for delivery today!! I've been holding off on listening to it until the record came. Can't wait to finally hear it tonight!

Edited by heatsink

• 1 month later...

Preorder tomorrow morning for VIP Members:

e02bfad8-97ec-4289-87bc-4daa6f6d9fc0.jpg

Hello there VIPs! Consider yourselves the first to know: Dale Crover, the drummer and co-mastermind of the Melvins, has a brand new release entitled 'Skins'.

But this is not simply an album, EP, or single. This is a unique art object. This one-of-a-kind "12-Sided Record" features six spindle holes, each corresponding to 12 short songs written by Dale Crover specifically for this distinctive format.Designed meticulously by lathe-virtuoso Mike Dixon, each of the 127 copies of 'Skins' were hand-made using a 1942 Presto 6N record lathe, and signed by Dale Crover

This 12-sided record format required Crover to work within a highly constraining framework... kind of like a haiku. To comply with the format, Crover had to compose twelve separate pieces of music, each less than 30 seconds in length. What emerged from this rigid experiment were twelve distinct musical trajectories, which have themselves become the seeds for Crover's upcoming full-length album (slated for release in 2017). 

Due to the one-of-a-kind nature of this release, we are giving you a little "heads up" before copies go on sale. 'Skins' will be available to VIP Members tomorrow (Friday August 26) at Noon, Eastern US Time. 

Not saying it's right or anything, but I imagine this type of release is similar to an auto repair bill and breaks down like this:

----------------------------------------

Record........... $15.00

Labor.............. $85.00

TOTAL............ $100.00

----------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the JNR game for a bit, but was just poring through the get_importCDs eBay Store Vinyl Blowout and they have a bunch of Joyful Noise titles.

if you spend 40 bucks you get 25% off and shipping is also free.

I bought 8 non-JNR titles and spent about 60 bucks.

Most of the stuff is 8-10 bucks before the discount.