Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

10 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Man o man they are really trying to get people to set up automatic payments and get random records.  What is this now their 5th or 6th monthly club?

VIP, Flexi, White label, club 100....

I think we are all of us here are getting salty.  But I agree.  I wish they would concentrate on putting out higher quality releases.  I'm all for getting new and experimenting sounds, but there are just so few releases that they put out now that I like.  

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Man o man they are really trying to get people to set up automatic payments and get random records.  What is this now their 5th or 6th monthly club?

VIP, Flexi, White label, club 100....

What is the flexi monthly club?

Edit: I googled! Looks like there is no word on a 2017 flexi series. So, this year, they have the regular monthly VIP sub, the VIP + 7" sub, and the white label series. And then, for hardcore JN fans, there is the JNR100 which gives you everything. Doesn't seem too overwhelming yet, IMO.

Edited by richardsurf

• 2 weeks later...

ANAL TRUMP - TO ALL THE BROADS I'VE NAILED BEFORE

://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/to-all-the-broads-ive-nailed-before

ANAL_TRUMP_Piss-vinyl_grande.jpg?v=14849

In honor of our collective depression on inauguration day, we are offering this "apocalypse special" from Anal Trump. Our first 5" record ever. 10 songs, 1 minute. 100% of net proceeds are donated to Planned Parenthood.

1. MAMMOGRAMS ARE GAY (0:03)
  2. NASTY WOMAN (0:04)
  3. BEFORE I PROCEED, I'D LIKE TO HEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT AGAINST CERVICAL CANCER (0:05)
  4. FLIP YOUR PANTIES! (0:03)
  5. THE FAT PICTURE (0:09
  6. IF I DON'T RESPECT WOMEN, THEN HOW COME I OWN A BEAUTY PAGEANT? (0:03)
  7. SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS KNOW SOME WOMEN THAT THEY STILL HAVE YET TO SEXUALIZE (0:10)
  8. THE TRUMP RULE (0:11)
  9. WORKING WIVES (0:09)
  10. WHOM I'D SLEEP WITH 2000 (IN ORDER) (0:08)

Total running time: 1:01

Edited by aaalethalenforcer

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Why's Moh Lhean is shipping - at least the VIP variant is. I haven't listened to any singles except the first, hope it's good.

I was able to hear an early download last month and I think it's excellent. It’s more sincere than anything Yoni has done before as Why? and, in my opinion, it’s his best work as a composer/songwriter. The clever wordplay and funny references are mostly gone and the pace is much slower but it does an incredible job of building tension, crafting a cohesive theme and mood, and bursting the tension at the right time. Some moments feel cinematic, like the score from an indie dramedy movie or show. I was a bit confused for the first 2-3 listens but then it clicked once I understood that this isn’t a witty Why? album with quirky beats/percussion. It’s a solid piece of sincere music.

Edited by richardsurf

Is the Deerhoof box a VIP only thing? Been out of the JNR game for awhile so I don't know if I can buy this or not. Can you still buy membership for a single month and then buy it and be back out of the club? If not, and you need to be a VIP, could I convince someone to pick this up for me? What's the cost? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!

21 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Is the Deerhoof box a VIP only thing? Been out of the JNR game for awhile so I don't know if I can buy this or not. Can you still buy membership for a single month and then buy it and be back out of the club? If not, and you need to be a VIP, could I convince someone to pick this up for me? What's the cost? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!

VIP at the moment. Should be available to everyone later today.