Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Next Joyful Noise VIP / Non VIP Release:

A somewhat conceptual release, "Cause & Effect" features three separate split 7" records, which each adhere to an overarching theme: an influential, historically-significant solo musician on Side A, and the modern result of that musical influence on Side B.

The first of an annual volume, "Cause & Effect Vol. 1" features new unreleased recordings from Lou Barlow (Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr., Folk Implosion), Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), and David Yow (The Jesus Lizard), coupled with the current, fully-formed musical projects Dumb Numbers, Talk Normal, and Child Bite. Each Side B track corresponds to the musical trajectory set in motion by the former. Cause (side a) and Effect (side B).

All three 7"s are sold together in one super elaborate package, featuring new amazing artwork (and sketches of each band) by Shawn K Knight. This release is strictly limited to 2000 hand-numbered copies on split color vinyl. The first 300 copies are pressed on silver/clear split color vinyl, and are available exclusively to VIP Members. The remaining copies (#'s 301-2000) are pressed on black/clear split color vinyl.

The April installment of the Joyful Noise 2013 Flexi Disc Series features an exclusive track from Mike Adams At His Honest Weight

This Bloomington Indiana-based project responsible for one of our favorite albums of the last several years: Oscillate Wisely (on St. Ives / Flannelgraph Records - we highly suggest you stream the album here).  And in addition to his talents of looking exactly like Clark Kent, Mike Adams possesses a refined ability to write catchy, tasteful numbers, capable withstanding hundreds of listens (we know because we’ve tried). His contribution to the Flexi-Disc Series “Not No More” is an indie-lounge, Morrissey-channeled hit single. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody is interested in a Child Bite euro tour shirt hit me up via email. Justin at forgeagainrecords dot com and let me know what size. There will probably be some leftovers. 2 colors, black and yellow ink on red shirts, front and back. Insane art from Vision Crimes with euro tour dates on the back. Size S-XL.

Apparently "bitte" translates to penis in French, so not many people wanted what looked like a Child Penis shirt until we got to Spain...

They will be cheap. $10ish. Just let me know and I will see how many I can cram into my luggage.

"Announcing: debut solo album from the legendary DAVID YOW!
[ Limited edition vinyl available now only to VIPs ]

Greetings VIPs!  We are pumped as hell to announce the first ever solo album from David Yow

Best known as the frontman/singer of The Jesus Lizard, Tonight You Look Like A Spider marks David Yow's introduction into "solo album" territory. Terrifying, noisy, solo album territory... The album will be announced tomorrow, but is available only to VIPs right now!

We are releasing the album in three different versions:

• The Deluxe "Monolith" Vinyl Edition
    Limited to 50 copies, hand-crafted by David Yow himself... Artwork includes an actual cement vinyl-displaying-sculpture (picture below), created from the same mold pictured on the front cover. Each copy is hand-made (by David Yow), hand-numbered (by David Yow), signed (by David Yow), and shipped directly to purchasers from David fucking Yow. The vinyl features grey/black vinyl (combined using the "A Side/B Side" method) w/ gold & white splatter. Vinyl is shipped separately for safety, with standard LP jacket artwork also included. Purchase includes an advanced download of the entire album. **

• Limited Edition Vinyl
    Limited to 450 hand-numbered copies, on grey/black vinyl ("A Side/B Side" method) w/ white splatter

• Non-Limited Vinyl
    Black vinyl. Nothing special here. "

I refuse to use Joyful Noise anymore. Both limited orders never arrived to me and they tell me that there's nothing they can do. Everything I have ordered has arrived except from Joyful and they have been rude about the whole situation. I went ahead and did what I needed to do and cancelled my VIP membership.

I refuse to use Joyful Noise anymore. Both limited orders never arrived to me and they tell me that there's nothing they can do. Everything I have ordered has arrived except from Joyful and they have been rude about the whole situation. I went ahead and did what I needed to do and cancelled my VIP membership.

Weird, I've had two packages over the past year or so go missing in usps lost land (aka Indianapolis) and Shawn helped me both times without hesitation. The one order I could have got the more limited version too if I was into lying and that sort of stupid shit.

Weird, I've had two packages over the past year or so go missing in usps lost land (aka Indianapolis) and Shawn helped me both times without hesitation. The one order I could have got the more limited version too if I was into lying and that sort of stupid shit.

one time they sent me the wrong color record, i emailed them just to make them aware that it happened and they offered to replace it with the right one and hooked me up with a free download from any band on their roster....awesome people over there. 

I got an e-mail from Shawn regarding my Natural Dreamers 7 inch giving me tracking information that said it was delivered. That never did arrive and I called USPS to see if it was up at my office; no cigar. Same goes for the Kishi Bashi; it somehow got "delivered" but didn't get on my doorstep. I don't think it could be the employee of USPS doing this either. Vault packages, Mondo packages, and all sorts of well known expensive labels arrive.

I got an e-mail from Shawn regarding my Natural Dreamers 7 inch giving me tracking information that said it was delivered. That never did arrive and I called USPS to see if it was up at my office; no cigar. Same goes for the Kishi Bashi; it somehow got "delivered" but didn't get on my doorstep. I don't think it could be the employee of USPS doing this either. Vault packages, Mondo packages, and all sorts of well known expensive labels arrive.

That's shitty. I can see their skepticism, but that still sucks. I'd hate to have to be in either yours or the label's shoes in that situation. Is it possible you had the wrong address on file with them?

That's shitty. I can see their skepticism, but that still sucks. I'd hate to have to be in either yours or the label's shoes in that situation. Is it possible you had the wrong address on file with them?

Nope. It was defiantly the right address because I did get the VIP "freebie shirt/cassette" package. But spending close to $100 in undelivered stuff really blows. Not to mention the additional $20 spent on the membership.