Vinyl from band members

This is not vinyl related...but it is music related. About 10 years ago right after Dan started The Fold he was looking to get rid of some old Showoff stuff and I contacted him about the bands first release (only released on cassette) titled Around The Corner Fudge Is Made. He initially said he had no copies to get rid of but a couple days later he contacted me again. He ended up selling me one of his two personal copies. I have no interest in tape collecting whatsoever but I bought this just because it was the only way to hear the release.

I'm sure he would. send him a message on facebook, and he'll probably just have you mail him the cover when he gets back from europe.

but yeah, kepi's a cool guy. I let him crash at my condo a few months back and he bought me pancakes :)

Cool, thanks dude! I've heard he's a really awesome guy so hopefully we can work something out.

Not a record but at The second to last thrice show in Detroit they had a limited print Did not realize that they werent taking credit/dident grab cash. In trying to hunt one down somehow got in touch with Riley the drummer via email. He said their were none left over but he sent me one they did have from a show in PA for free. (odd thing the date of said poster was 10/13/2011 was my daughters 1st Birthday) He refused any money for it or the shipping.

And somehow the wife found the artist who was selling the last few copies that were given back to him oline and bought it for me for xmas.

I've never bought any records from band members, but I've been given a few. I have quite a bit of odd merch items I have been given too when my dad worked with a couple bands back in the day (Fugazi, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Janes Addiction, Dead Kennedys, etc)

does your dad have any interest in adopting a 30yr old soon?

I don't know if this is cool or not but I'll tell it anyway.

Before VC switched over here I was messaging the guitar player from Such Gold about selling him a copy of the Wonder Years/Stay Ahead Of The Weather Split. Then the site switched over and I kind of lost contact with him.

About a month later I was going to see them so I thought I'd bring the record with me just in case. Before the show I saw Nate hanging around so I went up and said "hey sorry for being a creep but I was the guy talking to you about selling you TWY/SAOTW split." He still needed it so I was going to just give it to him but he said he'd trade me a shirt for it. I thought it was pretty cool of him.

There used to be an Alexisonfire fan site & forum. Got talking to someone on there about a rare cd of theirs and she sold me a copy. When it arrived, it turned out it was George's wife.

Bought a few items from Kenny from Moneen/Cunter. Bought 2 Cunter test presses. He also picked me up a Black Lungs ltd cd when he played with them, and wouldn't accept any money for it.