Official OST and Film Score Thread

24 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

I'm spending way too much money today.......

I'm very stoked about this! I went all in with the Deluxe limited edition. The band was amazing live and the new recording of In the Mouth of Madness on the bandcamp page is great! https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp.com/album/anthology-movie-themes-1974-1998

The bandcamp page also says they'll be announcing tour dates after this comes out. Here's hoping for a Toronto show this time so I don't have to drive to the US. 

Edited by chunkrock

On 8/22/2017 at 9:38 PM, MyckelJay said:

Does anyone have The Iron Giant OST? First pressing or the Books-A-Million repress? I'm looking to get a copy of either, but I've never purchased a BAM exclusive record before. So if I go with the BAM exclusive, I want to know how it'll sound.

Been looking at that one too, All i know is that the Mondo release it's fantastic and i love mine.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

That's certainly what their original teaser alluded to, but who knows. I'm assuming we'll have to find out soon...

I don't think FYE charges until the item ships for preorders, unless I'm wrong.  So I'll place an order with them for now because I have a feeling these will sell out soon.  

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Do they ever reveal pressing info? I'm tempted to follow your lead and preorder just in case.

All I know is that the Scream 1/2 limited edition sold out when they had that up.   And that has nowhere near the hype that IT has right now.  I'm willing to take a chance since from what I can tell they don't charge your card until it ships, even though shipping options suck.

2 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

And just FYI, I placed my order and my confirmation email says that the items are expected by 9/4.   Whereas the website says 10/27.

Interesting. I just signed up for a 15% coupon to make the damage lighter. Niooceee.

Edit: no coupons for preorders. Bite me, FYE.

Edited by lethalenforcer

I think I might just wait until after release. I've had really bad luck with FYE preorders (random cancellations for no reason). Their  coupons seem to be getting better and better lately too; times must be rough. They had 25% off the other day. And if it's sold out by then, black it is. 

Edited by TheGreatMrY

On 8/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, chunkrock said:

I'm very stoked about this! I went all in with the Deluxe limited edition. The band was amazing live and the new recording of In the Mouth of Madness on the bandcamp page is great! https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp.com/album/anthology-movie-themes-1974-1998

The bandcamp page also says they'll be announcing tour dates after this comes out. Here's hoping for a Toronto show this time so I don't have to drive to the US. 

Thanks for the heads up on the tour! Got an early bday gift with meet and greet! Now to decide which album to get signed...