Official OST and Film Score Thread

2 hours ago, chunkrock said:

Has anyone went to any of the John Carpenter shows this fall? I'm curious what the merch situation is like. I remember reading about a tour variant of the new Anthology but I can't find anything about it now. I'm going on Sunday and it would be great to know if I should get there early for a tour variant or not. 

I saw the first show here in vegas on the 29th. I got there just before he started playing/after the opening act, and was able to get that super cool tour variant. They had it laying flat for display and it looked black, I had to ask for it and it look like that in the light. It was $30

1 hour ago, No This Is Patrick said:

That "A New Hope" set looks very cool... but that's a lotta money. Still need to pick up for 4-6 someday though...

Yeah, $150 for that set is ridiculous.  I paid $86 for the 11-LP set of all six films...that was a great deal, of course, but still.

Edited by mmhmm

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah, $150 for that set is ridiculous.  I paid $86 for the 11-LP set of all six films...that was a great deal, of course, but still.

Yeah I have that too and that probably what I'm gonna stick with. Etching, Lazer holgram death star, and book look legit. Maybe if somebody at Amazon messes up and puts it stupid cheap then maybe.

4 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah, I wish I was able to get that cheaper... but I was already collecting the I Am Shark individual pressings. They did repress 4, 5, 6 on gold, but I heard the sound quality was off (at least in the UK) and now I can't find them cheap state side (they were B&N exclusives and people want waaaaay too much than I'd like).

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Yeah, I wish I was able to get that cheaper... but I was already collecting the I Am Shark individual pressings. They did repress 4, 5, 6 on gold, but I heard the sound quality was off (at least in the UK) and now I can't find them cheap state side (they were B&N exclusives and people want waaaaay too much than I'd like).

The box set is remastered and sounds amazing. There's a video somewhere that talks about how they were remastered--the process--and it's great. Seems to be the definitive version, at least for the time being.

52 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Anyone have an extra John Carpenter Anthology tour variant they want to sell (doesn't have to be signed)? 
They didn't have any in Toronto and all the signed ones were black ($60 and without the 7").

I was super bummed about this! I bought the signed one anyway.

I just wanna hear those songs on the 7" had anyone here made digital copies of those two songs from the 7"? If so I'd you could send them my way I would be forever grateful. Body Bags is my favorite John Carpenter movie (I know it's not his best but I watched it a lot as a kid).

9 minutes ago, Rickylovas said:

did they specifically say it was black or it looked black? because the variant does look black until you hold it up to the light...especially in darker lighting like the merch tables are generally in.

they only made 500 so it's quite likely they could have ran out by now.

I bought one and all the others I have seen from the show are black (held up to the light for sure). I got there pretty early, like 20 mins before doors opened and there had to have been at least a couple hundred people already in line. I guess it's possible the VIP meet-and-greet people could have gotten variants, but from what I was seeing after I got in, all the signed copies were black and those were the only ones they had for sale.

A local store has a bunch of the red version for $30, but I really like the tour version.

EDIT: photo I found of the Toronto merch booth before doors opened: 

Edited by voltagedrop

1 hour ago, voltagedrop said:

I bought one and all the others I have seen from the show are black (held up to the light for sure). I got there pretty early, like 20 mins before doors opened and there had to have been at least a couple hundred people already in line. I guess it's possible the VIP meet-and-greet people could have gotten variants, but from what I was seeing after I got in, all the signed copies were black and those were the only ones they had for sale.

A local store has a bunch of the red version for $30, but I really like the tour version.

What store has the red version? I think that one has the 7"

4 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Sonic Boom, but I'd rather not support them too much. Gonna try and find the tour variant somewhere.

I only go to SB if Rotate or June doesn't have something. TBH Sonic Boom does carry a lot of more stuff than either store but it's way pricier (not that June is cheap, but they stock the weird stuff more often) with few exceptions (although sometimes SB is legit cheaper than Rotate).

On 11/15/2017 at 1:54 AM, armadillo01 said:

I only go to SB if Rotate or June doesn't have something. TBH Sonic Boom does carry a lot of more stuff than either store but it's way pricier (not that June is cheap, but they stock the weird stuff more often) with few exceptions (although sometimes SB is legit cheaper than Rotate).

Yeah, I find the turnover of used stuff is more frequent as SB, but I find Rotate has generally better prices. Even their collector wall is more reasonably priced most of the time. June doesn't typically stock the stuff I'm looking for, so I don't go there as much but I find their new stuff is usually priced in line with SB and Kops. 
I live on the east side, so I don't get out that way as often, but I'd go to Rotate over SB.

5 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Yeah, I find the turnover of used stuff is more frequent as SB, but I find Rotate has generally better prices. Even their collector wall is more reasonably priced most of the time. June doesn't typically stock the stuff I'm looking for, so I don't go there as much but I find their new stuff is usually priced in line with SB and Kops. 
I live on the east side, so I don't get out that way as often, but I'd go to Rotate over SB.

Any decent east-end shops? They all seem to be expensive on new records mostly because they know there isn't serious competition. I went to Circus Books once or twice.

21 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Any decent east-end shops? They all seem to be expensive on new records mostly because they know there isn't serious competition. I went to Circus Books once or twice.

For new stuff there isn't really anywhere I would recommend going out of your way to that would be cheaper than the west end places. Circus is a neat shop, I met the owner once at a house party and he seemed like a nice guy.  Kops has an outlet near Danforth/Coxwell that seems more geared the used collector market.
Discovery and In The Groove are pretty close to each other in Leslieville and worth a visit if you're into older used stuff. Tiny Record Shop sells new stuff, but you can usually find it cheaper at Sonic or Rotate.

I actually just started up my own shop at Queen/Parliament called Voltage Drop Records if you're ever in the area as well.

1 hour ago, voltagedrop said:

For new stuff there isn't really anywhere I would recommend going out of your way to that would be cheaper than the west end places. Circus is a neat shop, I met the owner once at a house party and he seemed like a nice guy.  Kops has an outlet near Danforth/Coxwell that seems more geared the used collector market.
Discovery and In The Groove are pretty close to each other in Leslieville and worth a visit if you're into older used stuff. Tiny Record Shop sells new stuff, but you can usually find it cheaper at Sonic or Rotate.

I actually just started up my own shop at Queen/Parliament called Voltage Drop Records if you're ever in the area as well.

That's cool beans, I think I saw the reno work a few months ago. I'll try my best to do that.

I'll also stop my end of this thread derail. We've clearly triggered a single fellow-user who has no bigger problems in his life but to maintain Big Brother levels of discipline here, so much so that his last three replies have gummed up the thread even further because hypocrisy and armchair-moderating :lol: