Official OST and Film Score Thread

8 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Such a crazy bummer, easily one of my all time favorite series and OSTs but I just can't swing it with how expensive this year has been

We don't even know how this thing will sound for $250, it could be a shit pressing too

My sentiments exactly about the pressing. Lord knows if it will be any good and for that price fuck that.

Just now, FiggyPud said:

I’m still failing to see what exactly in these bundles is costing so fucking much.

From tier 1 to tier 2, just a better box it seems? With metal clasps? For only $100 more!

And then the mega bundle has... an even bigger box, bookends (so dumb) and... I don't know.

Somebody thought this was a good idea.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

From tier 1 to tier 2, just a better box it seems? With metal clasps? For only $100 more!

And then the mega bundle has... an even bigger box, bookends (so dumb) and... I don't know.

Somebody thought this was a good idea.

Exactly!  If anything, the “top tier” should be the one that’s $250, then $150, and then $75.  And even that’s being super generous.

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

I’m still failing to see what exactly in these bundles is costing so fucking much.

You can get both the blu-ray and movie for $50 at Best Buy right now, but retail on the series is $60 and retail on the movie is $18...

So that's $78 right there

Steelbook packaging add $32?

Record $50?

Art Book $50?

Lithographs $40?

It's dumb.

Edit: Also TAX, but free shipping? Still dumb.

Edited by batman

1 minute ago, batman said:

You can get both the blu-ray and movie for $50 at Best Buy right now, but retail on the series is $60 and retail on the movie is $18...

Record $50?

Art Book $50?

Lithographs $40?

It's dumb.

I can see how they could justify 200 off this breakdown, which I think is pretty accurate. Not owning any Bebop stuff on blu-ray I can almost justify springing for it. Almost...

How the conversation went at Funimation:

"Hey Ted these fuckers seem to want Cowboy Bebop on vinyl so I came up with some mock ideas. I don't really feel like doing it anymore though can you take over production?"

"Nah I'm gonna go grab a 24 pack of Natty Ice you want any?"

"Hell yeah brother! Hold on I'll just multiply the Bebop prices by 3 so we won't have to do anything."

19 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

From the questions section: :'-(

What if I just want to buy the soundtrack?

Per our agreement with the music company, Flying Dog, we can only sell this soundtrack vinyl bundled with the collector's edition. A vinyl only set will not be available.

I'm not interested in this release but I just wanted to point out that this could mean that Flying Dog is going to release the soundtrack themselves and Funimation's only part in this is selling the bundles.

I don't even know who either of these companies are though, so I could be wrong.

23 minutes ago, daegor said:

I'm not interested in this release but I just wanted to point out that this could mean that Flying Dog is going to release the soundtrack themselves and Funimation's only part in this is selling the bundles.

I really wish you're right and hope it will be available for EU too because I can't even access to the website :/

PHOWn4V.png

2 hours ago, batman said:

Record $50?

Art Book $50?

Lithographs $40?

It's dumb.

Edit: Also TAX, but free shipping? Still dumb.

Yeah when the series first got it’s blu-ray release a few years ago, I preordered the “special edition Amazon exclusive” box set and paid about $78 for that.  And it didn’t even include the movie.  Had to buy that on its own.  So I don’t need any of the extra stuff at all.

I know some people were talking about their LOTR: Fellowship boxset having some noise, popping, etc. I just got done listening to mine and I think I heard maybe 3 pops/crackles/whatever throughout the whole thing, besides that it was immaculate. Dynamite release, I really hope they do a release on black for everyone that wanted it but didn't get it... also I hope we don't have to wait another 15 years for Two Towers and Return.

Edited by clerk3745