jipc

Official OST and Film Score Thread

8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Also: completely expecting an identical, unnumbered version to hit Amazon, etc.

100%.

7 hours ago, Vector53 said:

The fact they aren't even trying with the artwork speaks volumes. Ugh.

Same. To be fair, they didn't really try with the score. They had a composer working on it for months, sacked him, and then Zimmer worked on it for one or two days and Wallfisch for three. 

7 hours ago, Vector53 said:

Best case is you buy and can always resell if a new and better looking cover comes out. Also keep in mind that the OG Blade Runner vinyl release wasn't really that amazing to look at besides it just being the poster as well.

There isn't really an true OG Blade Runner vinyl. One of the many reasons why the score has cultivated such a mystique about it. Heck, even the versions we have now aren't really the score as it appears in the film. On wax, there's the New American Orchestra classical re-recording from 1982, but, with the exception of a Warner Brazil promo in 1994, you have to wait until 2013 to get the Audio Fidelity LP which is itself a vinyl remaster of the 1994 Vangelis CD that includes new music and some tinkered with originals as well. They do all feature some version of poster art on their covers, though.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:17 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Looks like the link is dead now and I was tracking the sales as of this morning and there were slightly over 500 sold... I wonder why they took it down (1) and (2) why didn't they post it up on their homepage with their 2 CD versions (which both sold out)? Very strange.

21 minutes ago, dinomas said:

Looks like the link is dead now and I was tracking the sales as of this morning and there were slightly over 500 sold... I wonder why they took it down (1) and (2) why didn't they post it up on their homepage with their 2 CD versions (which both sold out)? Very strange.

I‘m sure it will be available again soon, since they didn‘t advertise this at all i doubt its already sold out...i still have hopes that they‘ll change the artwork and update the product page haha

25 minutes ago, dinomas said:

They never publicly listed it anywhere, I only found it via a buried category page and a page tracker. They probably yanked it for the time being until they officially announce. I don't foresee any of the details (or the artwork) changing.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:05 PM, armadillo01 said:

Did they go "But the exclusive screenprint?" because you can't possibly pretend that it's not exclusive to your edition. Unless they're lying about that too.

Good point.  Also, I just can't buy the excuse of it being listed wrong when it's clearly an edition made solely to cater to collectors. 

Also, those screenprints were lame. 

Just now, hallowken78 said:

Just about to post this.  DAMN!

Might buy just to get him to sign it but DAMN!

3 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I had to do it.  Might regret it later, but fuck it - it's Halloween!