Official OST and Film Score Thread

I know I'm being repetitive now but I have to say it again. Death Waltz is really blowing it with this packaging for my taste. 

1) the trademark "frame" (I've passed on every release with this style for this reason alone)

2) the death waltz labels. Ugh. Part of the appeal of a score is the imagery, I don't need to see your hideous logo plastered in every location available so you can save $100 bucks. 

3) The posters are cool, but is anyone actually doing anything with these? 

4. The glossy covers are a pet peeve of mine. I just hate them. But that's not a fair complaint. 

The end. I love most of the scores these guys get the rights to, and since they have a theme going it's unlikely to change. But this thread needed to be bumped anyway. 

Listening to They Live now. 

I know I'm being repetitive now but I have to say it again. Death Waltz is really blowing it with this packaging for my taste. 

1) the trademark "frame" (I've passed on every release with this style for this reason alone)

2) the death waltz labels. Ugh. Part of the appeal of a score is the imagery, I don't need to see your hideous logo plastered in every location available so you can save $100 bucks. 

3) The posters are cool, but is anyone actually doing anything with these? 

4. The glossy covers are a pet peeve of mine. I just hate them. But that's not a fair complaint. 

The end. I love most of the scores these guys get the rights to, and since they have a theme going it's unlikely to change. But this thread needed to be bumped anyway. 

Listening to They Live now. 

Agree, oh lord do I agree, they sort of ruin their packaging. At the very least do it on the inners only. 

I'm not going to lie, shipping and prices don't help either just based on my location here. But I will say if Mondo was overseas, I'd be jumping on those releases in a heartbeat. I feel like Death Waltz just sort of always gives me enough of a reason to not quite pull the trigger. 

(And yes, I'm aware they sound the same no matter what the packaging looks like. Please spare me the purist argument.)

Just got back from UK. I had some stuff waiting at a friends house. These were the OSTs among the haul -

2013-04-04+001+002.jpg

A Clockwork Orange is pretty beat up, needs a good clean, but it cost me £1. Love those bargain bins!! Also picked up Moonrise Kingdom score, sealed for £7.

Running Man score is bloody brilliant. Harold Faltermeyer has got his shit down. And Rivers Edge was a lovely surprise find, you can never have enough Slayer in your collection!!!

Just got back from UK. I had some stuff waiting at a friends house. These were the OSTs among the haul -

2013-04-04+001+002.jpg

A Clockwork Orange is pretty beat up, needs a good clean, but it cost me £1. Love those bargain bins!! Also picked up Moonrise Kingdom score, sealed for £7.

Running Man score is bloody brilliant. Harold Faltermeyer has got his shit down. And Rivers Edge was a lovely surprise find, you can never have enough Slayer in your collection!!!

tumblr_lyxgs6RNKU1r556mmo1_500.jpg

Feeeeeck....Open The Door Goood Dayyymmm Iiiit

One of the funniest performances of all time...he sounds exactly like Tom Delonge from Blink