Official OST and Film Score Thread

So, I'm really interested in picking this up. Anybody have any experience with this retailer? Norman Records. UK based. Or maybe even the label that's releasing, Silva Screen. Any chance this could pop up at a retailer in the US? This will be my first time buying a release from this label AND first international order so any help or advice would be appreciated!

silva screen is legit. i ordered their batman begins release. there was a QC issue w/ the center labels and they sent me a replacement. i've seen a few of their releases in record shops in texas, but they're always marked at $50+ (which is probably what you'd pay anyway)

So, I'm really interested in picking this up. Anybody have any experience with this retailer? Norman Records. UK based. Or maybe even the label that's releasing, Silva Screen. Any chance this could pop up at a retailer in the US? This will be my first time buying a release from this label AND first international order so any help or advice would be appreciated!

The only bit of your question I can answer is about Norman Records. They are really excellent people. I buy a lot from them and I know there are people here in the USA who have bought from them too. The original post mentions SNVinyl as well. I had a less than stellar experience with them. I got my records, but I wouldn't order from them again and they are less than 20 miles from me (not a store, just a person as far as I can tell).

This isn't up on Silva Screen's site yet, but I think a lot of their stuff comes up on Light In The Attic in the USA:

http://lightintheattic.net/releases?utf8=%E2%9C%93&label_list[]=155&commit=Search&all_genres=true&all_release_formats=true

I'm sure others can shed more light on this.

Silva Screen is a great company. I ordered the 180 Gram Black Batman Begins records from them. Great quality and great product. I also have the Iron Man (red) they did. 

-Ordering though, I was able to get my order in for the second press (orange) of Batman Begins through SoundStageDirect and their shipping is very well done, I was very happy with my purchase. 

Also, if Arrow sells well, I can see Silva Screen doing a second press on black like they did with Iron Man. Silva Screen seems to do a color of a record then they press the record in standard black. 

^^^ You guys rock!

I see the CD version all over the place but only a few UK dealers for the vinyl. Norman is the cheapest option so far. A little under $50 if the converter and shipping is right. I might hold on a little longer to see if it pops up on SSD or Light in the Attic...

Ive bought countless records from them. Bought my copy of Drive from them and they shipped it to the US with no hassle, fast and packaged like a champ. They're great.

Ordered Arrow as wel, I've bought 2 things from them before , no complaints. waiting for it to ship still. Been over a week.

They can take a while to proccess sometimes. Sometimes they ship it without letting you know if you didn't pick their tracking option.

Otherwise no issues. Customer support is great.

You can also opt to defer payment until your order is ready to be shipped, which I think is standard for all orders, but isn't always the case with some sites.

Seeing as we're on the subject:

Over the next few weeks we will be making some changes at Norman Records. Please read this email carefully as some of these changes may affect you.

Due to a huge increase in the use of our 'Pay Later' checkout option this year we need to introduce the following new conditions to the service:

- Every customer will be given a 'Pay Later Limit'.

- This limit varies from £100 to £250, depending on how frequently you shop with us, your payment record, etc.

- You will always be able to place new orders with us...

- ...but when placing a new order, the usual 'Pay Later' option will only be available if the total cost of all the orders you have in progress with us does not take you over your limit.

- Any orders of £100 or more always have to be paid for at the time of ordering.

** UK CUSTOMERS ONLY **

If you have 1 or more unpaid orders in progress with us at the moment containing £50 or more of in-stock items, please get in touch. £50+ orders ship for free in the UK, so you could have your in-stock items shipped immediately and we'll keep any items you're waiting for on order for you.

Why are we doing this?

In short, because our accounts necessitate it. The big increase in the number of people using the 'Pay Later' option this past year is beginning to get too risky for us. We currently have just under £16,000 worth of 'Pay Later' items awaiting dispatch in our order boxes, with another £22,000 worth of stock on order from our suppliers. The majority of this stock will eventually be paid for and shipped. But increasing amounts of it are getting cancelled by customers who change their minds, leaving us with many thousands of pounds worth of stock that we have paid for but that we will struggle to sell on to other customers.

To help you keep on top of orders (and your 'Pay Later' limit) we will shortly introduce some new features in your online account:

https://www.normanrecords.com/ac

Expect to see these changes over the next fews days or so, once we have finished testing them. Your personal 'Pay Later' limit will be displayed in your account area once we have made the new system live.

Alright, other than Lemongoat posting that picture, what else do we have to go on that Cannibal! is getting any sort of release?

I could post a picture of a piece of bacon, that doesn't mean we're going to get a vinyl release of the soothing sounds of frying bacon...

You'll have to trust me

New cover and interview disc still doesn't justify the price. Still waiting... and I own the Ewok movies for fucks sake.