Tool - Opiate 21st aniv. re-issue.

I'd rather see them break up.

I used to LOVE this band, but it's clear they have been just going through the motions for many, many years.

We should start a kickstarter.  It's called "Pay to Break up TOOL and get a free shit".

10-option 1 - get a lithograph of the court document that formally dissolves TOOL, no music because we know you have a copy already.

30-option 2 - get the above and an animated bluray package with all TOOL audio and video ever released & unreleased ever.

100-option 3 - get the above and a 10 LP vinyl box set with all albums including: Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Salival, Lateralus, 10 000 Days, Tales from the Dark Side, Demos for all albums. Not limited.

400-option 4 - Autographed bottle of wine from Maynard, which is in all probability partially containing his piss.  Not limited.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This band has been phoning it in for almost two decades knowing their fan base will buy whatever "limited" merch they put out there. They are a goddamn joke. $150 for a cd? They should come with a little note that says "Congratulations, you've just been fucked by Tool. LOLS." I rarely say that anyone is stupid for buying something, but anyone buying this needs to re-evaluate their spending habits.

What limited merch have they put out in the last 10 years besides these $150 CDs?

This is odd. There wasn't a 'Classic Records' reissue of Aenima. Also, I don't understand all his test pressings being factory sealed as test pressings are never sealed. Something just doesn't seem right about that thing.

• 7 months later...

Back on the topic of the test pressing.

The very first pressing of Aenima was released Sept 17, 1996. Under zoo entertainment. This test pressing exist and is numbered on the back of a normal Aenima jacket . It did not come in a white sleeve. Interesting fact is Aenima release dat was Oct 1st 1996, on compact disc. Weird but true.

There was a second pressing done on Dec 31st , 1996 by RTI Records.

The label on the back of this jacket says Zoo Entertainment/BMG. (The retail copy )

This test pressing did come in white die cut sleeves and yes it was sealed.

Now the classic records auction above was something done in 2001, 200 g remastered vinyl. For some reason it was never released.

Original these copies sold for $400 online.

What you see above is test pressing by classic records. pressed but never was released. It was discovered when they liquidated. Another company purchased classic records. I am not a expert on the history of classic records however I am on Tool merchandise .

Hope I helped a few people . I signed up to this site just to type this message lol.

SPIRAL out!

Back on the topic of the test pressing.

The very first pressing of Aenima was released Sept 17, 1996. Under zoo entertainment. This test pressing exist and is numbered on the back of a normal Aenima jacket . It did not come in a white sleeve. Interesting fact is Aenima release dat was Oct 1st 1996, on compact disc. Weird but true.

There was a second pressing done on Dec 31st , 1996 by RTI Records.

The label on the back of this jacket says Zoo Entertainment/BMG. (The retail copy )

This test pressing did come in white die cut sleeves and yes it was sealed.

Now the classic records auction above was something done in 2001, 200 g remastered vinyl. For some reason it was never released.

Original these copies sold for $400 online.

What you see above is test pressing by classic records. pressed but never was released. It was discovered when they liquidated. Another company purchased classic records. I am not a expert on the history of classic records however I am on Tool merchandise .

Hope I helped a few people . I signed up to this site just to type this message lol.

SPIRAL out!

You're going to want to hang out here:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/82307-tool-vinyl-buying-guide-originalboots-etc/

• 10 months later...