cesar11

Hey guys. So back story of why I'll be doing this and if you guys are down to help me out:

So, my mom needs both a liver and kidney transplant. She's never had a drink or smoked in her life. She's diabetic, which we all know is a bitch of a sickness. If you didn't know, IT IS. Her liver has scar tissue due to non alcoholic cirrhosis that accumulates toxics and causes hepatic encephalopathy, which means that it causes mental confusions. Let me tell you guys, it's heart breaking when you see your mom in a hospital bed and she has no idea who you are, what year it is and how old she is. Her kidney and liver are damaged because of her diabetes and she also ha renal failure because her body isn't producing enough white blood cells. A few weeks ago, she went in for a check up and was admitted that night because her doctor noticed something was wrong and on top of all of this, she found that she has 3 blocked arteries in her heart. We were going to move down to Florida a few weeks ago and she was going to have her transplant in Jacksonville at the mayo clinic but luck was on our side and the UCLA hospital here gave us a call and said that they were going to take her case.

It's a lot to take in, I know. Insurance will be covering a portion of the surgery which will take place in about a month or two, but we're going to be left with bills that I wish no one to deal with.

So, here's the deal:
I'm going to be raffling off Thrice's Alchemy Index box set. The buy in will be $15. It's a lot of money, I understand but know that it will most definitely be going to a good cause. Plus, c'mon. How AWESOME would it be to win this for $15?! If you guys are up for it, great. Much thanks. If not, no biggie. I'll put it on eBay or something. Also, if I get 20 or more people/entries, I'll throw in Beggars on Blue. Numbered, signed, the whole deal.

Let me know, VC!!
Thanks in Advance.

Edit [April 1]:
Alright guys, lets do this. And no this isn't any April Fools joke or any of that shit. So, as mentioned above, the buy in is $15. Paypal e-mail is: [email protected] and if you would send it as a gift and your user name and/or real name that would be awesome. Limit of TWO entries per person. Donations are also welcomed! The deadline will be Friday, April 5th, at 5PM my time (Pacific). I'll announce the winner the next day via YouTube. Name out of a hat thing, just like RyBread did.

Remember folks. 20 or more entries and Beggars on Blue will also be included!

Here are your contestants:

Daegor
Chobble (x2)
enjoy the ride (x2)
ordinary_madness
ry bread
Company Ink - Joe
Knocksville
boobz09
nick059 (x2)
thrice55 (x2)
PaintedInExile
silentsoliloquy
hassenpepperinc (x2)
debrew66 (x2)
TheRareCreature
lehooch

dobski

Underoath23

stuffsux00

king of the gutters (x2)

Oh, and in case you were wondering:
- includes both damaged and fixed Earth Discs
- #1635/3000
-Beggars is #1867/2000

last i knew, people were kind of trying to put an end to raffles. 

but i think it had a lot to do with so many newbs being involved. being a tenured member, you may have some luck. 

I am down. So sorry to hear your mom is sick!

Edit: Didn't see the buy in price. Can I donate 10 just to help out? Whats your paypal?

dude, that's really awesome of you. I'll PM you in a bit. Thank you.

Best of luck to you and your mom!  She's lucky to have someone like you who clearly cares about her so much.

Thank you. There's a saying I was always told when growing up and that's "mama. solo hay una", which translates to "mom. there's only one".

Diabetic here, this disease sucks. If I didn't already pay an assload for medication because healthcare in America sucks, I'd totally pitch in. For those who don't know, with standard insurance, medication for diabetics costs about $10k in co-pays and misc in a year.

$10k.

Diabetic here, this disease sucks. If I didn't already pay an assload for medication because healthcare in America sucks, I'd totally pitch in. For those who don't know, with standard insurance, medication for diabetics costs about $10k in co-pays and misc in a year.

$10k.

it's true. I took this last year and it was 4 different kinds of meds for my mom.

426490_10150759766694167_1425771565_n.jp