Your opinion please?

harryq: I dont think you understand. I dont think people should intentionally sell records for a jacked price. People are always willing to pay a high price for what they want if they want it bad enough, but its a little messed up to take advantage of that. Ingenious from a business prospective. 

dethrock: I figured a lot out the first few days i was on this site. doesnt make it any better.

The point of what I was saying is getting misunderstood. but its all good. 

gutz: I'm 20 so i'm not really worried about easter baskets, nor am i religious. But Happy Easter! (:

harryq: I dont think you understand. I dont think people should intentionally sell records for a jacked price. People are always willing to pay a high price for what they want if they want it bad enough, but its a little messed up to take advantage of that. Ingenious from a business prospective. 

dethrock: I figured a lot out the first few days i was on this site. doesnt make it any better.

The point of what I was saying is getting misunderstood. but its all good. 

gutz: I'm 20 so i'm not really worried about easter baskets, nor am i religious. But Happy Easter! (:

People also shouldnt kill other people, rape other people, make nuclear weapons, etc.

Pretty sure the least of anyones problems should be what someone listed a record on ebay for was. Wish I was 20 again and had the time to worry about nonsense things

I was in the middle of some sort of response and started to shake my head. 

I was typing a ~long response, and then I saw this and decided to delete it.

as for the OP, this says one of those MCR records sold for $335 and this says $300.  I don't know how else to judge the value of a record, but if I had that record, I'd seriously consider selling it (especially since I don't really like MCR)

Emilee, as I'm sure you have figured out by now, you will get plenty of snarky and cynical and "rude" comments whenever someone with a low post count starts a new thread and discussions around here. There are a few assholes, myself included at times, that jump on stuff like that like sharks smelling blood on the water. Don't take it personally. It's just VC's immature and juvenile way of saying HELLO!!!  ;)

As for an actual comment on your concerns of this occurrence, it happens plenty. Been going on for years and will not let up. Way too many people, whether new "collectors" or even jaded and old ones, will place too much value on a record and dump it on eBay in the hope that it will snare and sucker someone in for that asinine high price. It goes hand in hand with the flipping argument and that is yet another dead horse need not be beaten. Although I am sure it will as it always does around here. 

So yeah...HELLOOOOOO!!!!

This happened less when there were fixed costs for putting something up on ebay. Now people can just price it at twice what it commonly goes for with the option to make an offer and just say "what the fuck, I have nothing to lose".

I'm guessing some of these "stores" also have automated programs that relist things immediately when they do not sell.

People also shouldnt kill other people, rape other people, make nuclear weapons, etc.

Pretty sure the least of anyones problems should be what someone listed a record on ebay for was. Wish I was 20 again and had the time to worry about nonsense things

Should I start a thread talking about this? I mean this a record website so I decided to talk about a record related issue. I could argue about such things as rape and murder and death penalties, because those surely bounce around in my head. Don't judge someone based on their age. and dont judge how heavily they think about different topics when you dont know them.

Should I start a thread talking about this? I mean this a record website so I decided to talk about a record related issue. I could argue about such things as rape and murder and death penalties, because those surely bounce around in my head. Don't judge someone based on their age. and dont judge how heavily they think about different topics when you dont know them.

TeenageEric Part 2.

Alternate title: TeenageEric's perfect match

Exactly. These types or conversations have been hashed over a thousand times. Don't take it so personal. If a user with 3,000+ posts made this same thread the responses would be identical.

Kinda disagree here. ppl with major post counts generally get more valid responses. unless that person has a history of copping shit everytime they post. gang mentality is very childish. As Juan said, Welcome to the Board!