PO: Captain Murphy - Duality

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, jaypeap said:

it's interesting how folks get perturbed with bumps of threads

When a two year old thread for a highly desirable record gets bumped, it gets peoples' hopes up that there is some kind of new news, but when it turns out to be you just responding to something from two years ago that you wish you'd gotten one it's a real bummer.

18 hours ago, timsimmons said:

That type of stuff happens all the time. 

Also, I don't think people are gonna get these two acts confused.

Me neither, but it lacks creativity and originality to choose an artist  name that has been used, how "small" it might have been before. It takes five seconds to google it, and if you then see that another band/ artist called "Captain Murphy" actually have two releases one might think twice about using the same name, you know.

It's just very uncool if you ask me.

6 hours ago, Mr Mojo said:

Me neither, but it lacks creativity and originality to choose an artist  name that has been used, how "small" it might have been before. It takes five seconds to google it, and if you then see that another band/ artist called "Captain Murphy" actually have two releases one might think twice about using the same name, you know.

It's just very uncool if you ask me.

Have you ever seen a ban on discogs that has a (#) next to it? That's because there are at least that many of bands with the exact same name. It happens more often than you'd imagine.

This is probably not the thread for an extended discussion about this, but I wonder what name has been used the most.

I know a WHOLE LOT of people thought "Mirage" was a great band name: https://www.discogs.com/Mirage-Make-It-Last-Forever-Soundtrack/release/8003455

Also sell me your Cap Murphy record for cheap plz thx