TWIABP / BWM 2016 April Fools NOW (Dumb Tapes, Dumb Shirts, Dumb Book, Dumb Socks, Fuck Trump Fork)

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

This is what I figured was going on in the first place. Calling someone an abuser without being specific is purposefully making it seem much worse than it is.

Her new partner (Jess McDermott) made a statement that pretty much confirmed how I was feeling about this since TWIABP first kicked her out. 

36 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Her new partner (Jess McDermott) made a statement that pretty much confirmed how I was feeling about this since TWIABP first kicked her out. 

Same. I feel like it's cool to be a victim now in some of these peoples heads. Way more excited for new OHYO stuff than TWIABP.

this is just the height of irony. ill say I love TWIABP's music, especially whenever, if ever and harmlessness. i havent read any of the social media nonsense, but the notion that TWIABP's music is all about spending time with friends, family and being out in nature (or that is at least the feeling I get from their music) and there is an all-out social media war going on between members (impersonal internet fighting, former friends) is just kind of ironic to me, i guess.

• 1 month later...

It was coming but I'm glad they are taking steps to sort shit out. The whole situation is a total bummer. I know I've made my thoughts on Nicole/BWM/TWIABP/etc clear several times, but I just want to reiterate: I hope everyone heals and I hope Nicole can find a way to keep making music/art.

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I mean, is anyone surprised? The fact that they went bankrupt while taking preorders is pretty fucked to me. 

You gotta remember that TWIABP merch/records was how BWM was able to fund their other projects. Nicole tried and failed to continue without that income. It sucks for the consumer, but she lost her livelihood. I firmly believe that she was trying to make it work and get that shit made/shipped and it just spiraled out of control and she just couldn't. They're trying to make it right. Last I heard Nicole was delivering pizzas, so that's where this money is coming from with the refunds.

Most small labels operate at a loss trying to keep things going and eventually start earning a profit. It's not like going bankrupt with outstanding preorders was malicious. At least she is now taking responsibility and not just ghosting like RJ with those Blink preorders.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It was coming but I'm glad they are taking steps to sort shit out. The whole situation is a total bummer. I know I've made my thoughts on Nicole/BWM/TWIABP/etc clear several times, but I just want to reiterate: I hope everyone heals and I hope Nicole can find a way to keep making music/art.

You gotta remember that TWIABP merch/records was how BWM was able to fund their other projects. Nicole tried and failed to continue without that income. It sucks for the consumer, but she lost her livelihood. I firmly believe that she was trying to make it work and get that shit made/shipped and it just spiraled out of control and she just couldn't. They're trying to make it right. Last I heard Nicole was delivering pizzas, so that's where this money is coming from with the refunds.

Most small labels operate at a loss trying to keep things going and eventually start earning a profit. It's not like going bankrupt with outstanding preorders was malicious. At least she is now taking responsibility and not just ghosting like RJ with those Blink preorders.

I don't need disagree, it's great they're taking responsibility. It's just crazy they tanked so quickly. 

If I had a $15 order that was not fulfilled I would email her and tell her to keep my $15.  She's not running away with everyone's money and living the dream.  I know for a fact she needs the $15 more than I do, and it was never her intention to screw people over.

EDIT:  I'm not saying everyone should do this, just that I am lucky to be in a position where she can keep my $20 bill.

Edited by parkinglot

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't need disagree, it's great they're taking responsibility. It's just crazy they tanked so quickly. 

She's been in and out of the hospital for the last year. So there's a lot of factors to BWM's problems. The whole thing really is a bummer.

2 hours ago, parkinglot said:

If I had a $15 order that was not fulfilled I would email her and tell her to keep my $15.  She's not running away with everyone's money and living the dream.  I know for a fact she needs the $15 more than I do, and it was never her intention to screw people over.

EDIT:  I'm not saying everyone should do this, just that I am lucky to be in a position where she can keep my $20 bill.

Which is why I completely agree with this. Honestly, if I'd never gotten my $80 Formlessness preorder I'd probably do the same. 

Well, I will say I ordered an OHYO 7" thru Bandcamp and she shipped it to me with some older BWM goodies. I did it drunkenly and thought of it a week later, then asked on IG and she sent it out quickly. So, she's definitely trying to stay honest. Even though I have like $15 in my bank account, she could've kept the $10 and I'd have considered it a cost for download. NBD. I'm glad everything will be squared away and hopefully, one day, BWM will live again. #zombielabel

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 11:51 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Most small labels operate at a loss trying to keep things going and eventually start earning a profit. 

Nicole / the label was definitely making some money when things were good. I was told that during the last April Fool's Day sale thing they made over $10k. They were also going to pay Mark of Funeral Sounds's rent when he was working for them.

Edited by andy.

2 hours ago, andy. said:

Nicole / the label was definitely making some money when things were good. I was told that during the last April Fool's Day sale thing they made over $10k. They were also going to pay Mark of Funeral Sounds's rent when he was working for them.

Yeah, they made money off TWIABP related stuff. They weren't paying rent with like Brigtside LPs

• 5 months later...