[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

I first heard Dreamhouse because the guy who runs Dark Descent Records (home of Spectral Voice, Blood Incantation, and other OSDM revival stuff that rules) was posting something about it, and all of the trv3 kvlt kydz were losing their fucking minds over this band not being "real metal" in the comments. 

I want to say it was a Pitchfork article, I'm not even sure if the whole album had come out yet.  But I 1000% remember exactly where i was and what i was doing when I heard that first major chord come in under the blastbeats, and i was like "What the FUCK is this!!!!!"

I was hooked instantly.  Fuck the trends.  Fuck the trv3 kvlt losers.  I still love Darkthrone and Emperor and Entombed and I love Deafheaven and Phish and the Grateful Dead too.  Fuck all of the boundaries and rules.  Music rules. 

12 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I first heard Dreamhouse because the guy who runs Dark Descent Records (home of Spectral Voice, Blood Incantation, and other OSDM revival stuff that rules) was posting something about it, and all of the trv3 kvlt kydz were losing their fucking minds over this band not being "real metal" in the comments. 

I want to say it was a Pitchfork article, I'm not even sure if the whole album had come out yet.  But I 1000% remember exactly where i was and what i was doing when I heard that first major chord come in under the blastbeats, and i was like "What the FUCK is this!!!!!"

I was hooked instantly.  Fuck the trends.  Fuck the trv3 kvlt losers.  I still love Darkthrone and Emperor and Entombed and I love Deafheaven and Phish and the Grateful Dead too.  Fuck all of the boundaries and rules.  Music rules. 

tumblr_mnbpm7sJlJ1qai0w6o1_400.gif