PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

My upper left hand corner had a bit of a smush. Kind of sucks but once I opened the gatefold I was able to push it back out a bit. Still looks a little weird. The cover texture and feel reminds me of that bullshit shaping frosting they use to make those boutique cakes that have no business being cakes. You know that stuff I'm talking about?

Having my first spin to the deluxe version this afternoon. Fucking amazing packaging, love the lyrics/illustrations. Go to put the 2nd LP on, nothing in the back jacket. No 2nd LP. Motherfucker. Honestly couldn't have happened to a worse record for me personally, I am fucking in love with this thing. You know, except for the not having the 2nd LP part. Anyone else experienced this??

My upper left hand corner had a bit of a smush. Kind of sucks but once I opened the gatefold I was able to push it back out a bit. Still looks a little weird. The cover texture and feel reminds me of that bullshit shaping frosting they use to make those boutique cakes that have no business being cakes. You know that stuff I'm talking about?

Fondant. Shit's gross.

Having my first spin to the deluxe version this afternoon. Fucking amazing packaging, love the lyrics/illustrations. Go to put the 2nd LP on, nothing in the back jacket. No 2nd LP. Motherfucker. Honestly couldn't have happened to a worse record for me personally, I am fucking in love with this thing. You know, except for the not having the 2nd LP part. Anyone else experienced this??

so you're saying the record is terrible?

To those that bought both the deluxe 45 RPM and indie/regular editions, is there a big difference in sound? 

Granted, I only have the first LP of the deluxe, but both the indie and deluxe sounded fantastic and I couldn't tell a significant difference between the two versions. The book is totally worth it in my opinion, but as far as difference in sound quality goes, it's minimal in my opinion. 

I assume he's asking because the Deluxe are 180 g whereas the others are not.

I haven't heard where the regular edition was pressed. Was it also pressed at Pallas? if so, there should be NO difference in SQ. If it was pressed somewhere else there could be a difference in surface noise or if the cuts were done on site at the pressing plants they could sound different as well.

I haven't heard where the regular edition was pressed. Was it also pressed at Pallas? if so, there should be NO difference in SQ. If it was pressed somewhere else there could be a difference in surface noise or if the cuts were done on site at the pressing plants they could sound different as well.

No, only the Deluxe was pressed at Pallas. Furnace did the regular and indie versions. That's primarily why I'm wondering about how the SQ compares.

No, only the Deluxe was pressed at Pallas. Furnace did the regular and indie versions. That's primarily why I'm wondering about how the SQ compares.

Furnace is Pallas US. Anything US released pressed by Pallas is done through Furnace, but Furnace doesn't always use Pallas. They also use Record Industry in The Netherlands. Ultimately it will depend where the cutting was done.

Furnace is Pallas US. Anything US released pressed by Pallas is done through Furnace, but Furnace doesn't always use Pallas. They also use Record Industry in The Netherlands. Ultimately it will depend where the cutting was done.

Thanks for the background. I went ahead and bought the indie version since I'm light on shelf space, but hopefully this will be useful to others.